• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coachspeak

Flat Water

Recruit
2 Year Member
I'd be interested to hear what others think, but it seems to me that we hear less coachspeak from Rhule than we had from other coaches in years past. He doesn't simply tell us how great things are going. Rather, he points out when things are not up to par. The fact that he does so gives him more credibility (at least to me) when he talks about what is going well.

Last edited:

I'd be interested to hear what others think, but it seems to me that we hear less coachspeak from Rhule than we had from other coaches in years past. He doesn't simply tell us how great things are going. Rather, he points out when things are not up to par. The fact that he does so gives him more credibility (at least to me) when he talks about what is going well.
I think its an evolution in not knowing what he has in players vs knowing this year. He himself as well as every coach is put first in responsibility.

Sure a kid could start sliding, but he knows the coaches should know and be addressing such things while pointing out a player just isn't fully engaged.

There's no quit on this staffs end and is why there have been few departures, the coaches are investing in the guys and the guys are responding.
Good things happening in Lincoln

The thing that sticks out to me about Coach Rhule is that he is very genuine from what I have seen. It doesn't feel like he is measuring his words because it is was he believes.
Hmmm....I agree and slightly disagree. I do believe he is very genuine and it is refreshing to hear him "tell it like it is." At the same time though, he is incredibly careful in the words he chooses and you see him correct himself to ensure the "right" message is being conveyed without it being misconstrued as something else. From that angle, he is very measured IMO.

Regardless, he has certainly been a breath of fresh air for telling the fans about the good, bad, and the ugly. I truly appreciate that about him.

He always demonstrates exceptional knowledge without being arrogant. One of mankind's more rare combination of attributes.
Agree. And manages not to step on toes with his directness and honesty. A rare trait. Look at the news recently about how he spoke his mind about the defensive performance recently, and the coaches and players responded positively. A lot of coaches/players would not have responded as well. And a lot of head coaches would have tripped over a simple message.

You want a guy who will get guys to run through a wall for them? Hire MR.
I want a coach who will get his guys to win. He can do that with his guys running through the wall, around the wall, over the wall, under the wall...I don't care. Just win. There is going to be a lot of pressure on Rhule to win at least 6 games and get to a bowl. If he doesn't do that this year, Rhule will be feeling the heat.

I also don't care about whether a coach uses coachspeak or not. Nick Saban often came off as being an ass during his press conferences, but the Alabama people didn't care because Saban's teams won football games. If Rhule can start winning and getting us to bowl games, I won't care how he looks or speaks in public.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back