• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Clock management

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has been critical of Beck...that's not a play I'd criticize. NU really really needed a 1st down there. UGA was moving the ball pretty well and 3:00 plus was more than enough time for them. Another 1st down or two was needed.

What tempo we still didn't move the ball and went 3 and out a couple times with only burning very little time off the clock. Once we punted the ball and there was still around 25 seconds on the play clock?

Less than one score lead and you think it should be our primary goal to burn clock with 5+ Or more minutes left? To what end? Our goal is to get 1sts and get points at that point. Bleeding clock to bleed clock makes no sense at that point in the game unless you have a 2 or more likely a 3 score lead.

Very little difference between 1 timeout and 2 with more than 3 min left. Did they even end up using all their TOs?

Yes, with 10 secs, forcing Huskers to run 2 victory plays

Which was fine by me, I like that play, especially twice :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Less than one score lead and you think it should be our primary goal to burn clock with 5+ Or more minutes left? To what end? Our goal is to get 1sts and get points at that point. Bleeding clock to bleed clock makes no sense at that point in the game unless you have a 2 or more likely a 3 score lead.

well....of course if you're playing not to lose then this makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Indeed. One drive ended with Enunwa dropping a 1st down, and then another with Newby dropping one.

And I would remind you that two Georgia drives, one very very critical drive, were ended by drops. So, had the Georgia receiver caught that ball, perhaps we are talking about time management in a different manner? And, I will save you the response time, it didn't happen that way, NU won, it's part of the game. I realize all of that.

And I would remind you that two Georgia drives, one very very critical drive, were ended by drops. So, had the Georgia receiver caught that ball, perhaps we are talking about time management in a different manner? And, I will save you the response time, it didn't happen that way, NU won, it's part of the game. I realize all of that.

But with the lead there are two ways to win. One -keep the ball. Two -score more points.

Passing on that 3 rd down plays one has a chance for both.

Time was not a factor in this game. Could it have been ? Maybe, if Georgia makes the 4 down play, they still have more than 50 secs and at least 1 timeout inside the 30, that's like forever, and not likely going to be a factor.

But with the lead there are two ways to win. One -keep the ball. Two -score more points.

Passing on that 3 rd down plays one has a chance for both.

Time was not a factor in this game. Could it have been ? Maybe, if Georgia makes the 4 down play, they still have more than 50 secs and at least 1 timeout inside the 30, that's like forever, and not likely going to be a factor.

Agreed. I just think it would have been ok to run AA and see if he can break one. If he doesn't, clock is still running, that's all I'm saying.

Two plays would have loomed large IMO if we lose:

#1 Enunwa failing to catch the throw in Q4 ... would have been a 1st down, extended the drive and run precious time off the clock. Wasn't a perfect throw but he should have gotten down secured the ball.

#2 The failed middle screen to Newby. Catch that - first down, extends the drive and runs precious time off the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back