• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Clickbait Headline: Frost "questions" Saban’s QB handling in Final

Sf should have avoided telling NS that he would've managed the QB starters during the season better than the coach that won the NC. Hope we don't have to play NS anytime soon and I hope that NS ignores SF's comments. Reminds me a little of when Bear called TO a whippersnapper for questioning how Bear had assigned the bowl game teams.

Pretty innocuous statement by Frost and something I thought when watching the game. Didn't know at the time if he'd played at all or if they were going to redshirt him, but he sure looked to clearly be the better player.

Sf should have avoided telling NS that he would've managed the QB starters during the season better than the coach that won the NC. Hope we don't have to play NS anytime soon and I hope that NS ignores SF's comments. Reminds me a little of when Bear called TO a whippersnapper for questioning how Bear had assigned the bowl game teams.
It figures out of all the posters on here, that you would be the one that actually sees it as negative. How ridiculous.

It figures out of all the posters on here, that you would be the one that actually sees it as negative. How ridiculous.
I see it a being a negative comment from our HC about another team's HC, something that shouldn't have been said. I'd say the same thing if an NU player made a negative comment about another team's players or coaches. It could come back to bite us...probably not, but it could. If I'm NS and see his comment, I wouldn't forget it, nor would I be pleased.

I see it a being a negative comment from our HC about another team's HC, something that shouldn't have been said. I'd say the same thing if an NU player made a negative comment about another team's players or coaches. It could come back to bite us...probably not, but it could. If I'm NS and see his comment, I wouldn't forget it, nor would I be pleased.
What specifically did he say that was negative? Was it when he said he made a courageous call? or maybe this part?
Coach Saban is above criticism with everything he’s accomplished, so I don’t mean it that way
Jeez man he was asked a question and he answered it as politically correct as he could. You are like those guys that call people racist for noticing that South Central LA has a high crime rate. It is just a statement. It is neither positive or negative. He just stated the obvious.

What specifically did he say that was negative?

Well he said enough for NBC Sports to title their article:
"Scott Frost questions Nick Saban’s handling of Tua Tagovailoa"

And the article includes this gem:

“The other answer is that [Tagovailoa] was pretty obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn’t."

That gem caused the writer to say:

One who was not stunned by Tagovailoa’s primetime revelation was Scott Frost; so much so, in fact, that the Nebraska head coach — and former head coach of the “other” 2017 national champions
took a swipe Saban and his coaching staff for failing to realize earlier in the season that Tagovailoa was the better option at quarterback.

If you, or other HMaxers, think SF's comments were complimentary, I can assure you that Nick Saban and most of the "outside Nebraska" sports world will disagree.

Last edited:

“The other answer is that [Tagovailoa] was pretty obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn’t."

One who was not stunned by Tagovailoa’s primetime revelation was Scott Frost; so much so, in fact, that the Nebraska head coach — and former head coach of the “other” 2017 national champions
took a swipe Saban and his coaching staff for failing to realize earlier in the season that Tagovailoa was the better option at quarterback.

If you, or other HMaxers, think SF's comments were complimentary, I can assure you that Nick Saban and most of the "outside Nebraska" sports world will disagree.
Yes because they know there are plenty of idiots who will click on it to see what SF said. if you read the ACTUAL whole quote you have to be brain dead to believe it was a swipe. That is why they call it click bait.

Frost's personality will not allow him to be closed mouth in typical coach speak fashion. He's pretty open and honest from what I've seen. I'm sure if he gets a ration of crap ever time he answers a question, regardless of the content of his answer, he may start to scale back that openness but I honestly hope not. I dislike the generic, coach speak answer to everything we hear from so many these days.

Probably best to give coach speak there...'Alabama is a great program. We have an opportunity at N to get our program playing and competing for championships again. Really excited for the kids in our program.' But whatever...he said what others were thinking...that's admirable in itself.

Often wondered what happened in Eugene in 2015 when Oregon brought Vernon Adams in to play. Oregon had a couple of players with a few years under their belt at QB...Jeff Lockie was a RJr with meaningful game reps and Taylor Alie was a RSo (both coached by SF)...but they decided to go with Vernon Adams. The following season (SF left for UCF) they went the grad transfer route again with Dakota Prukop.

Lockie was not the answer at QB and it showed when Adams got hurt

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jeff-lockie-1/gamelog/2015/

Living here in Alabama, I've learned one thing: Saban does what Saban does. He doesn't change unless he is being beat, and then anything is possible up to and including less than honorable play on the field. The man hates to lose, and he will sell his soul to get the win.

Word on the street is Saban sacrificed the last two virgins in Bamma one at halftime and one right before OT to secure the win

I don't care what Saban or his followers think. And I hope we DO play Alabama soon, for two reasons. First, a game against the Tide would likely mean we did some pretty good things during the season. And second, I would love to see Saban's (and the SEC's) reaction to losing to Frost and Nebraska. Again. Just like old times.

The problem with what you are posting is that Frost did not say any of those things, JOURNALISTS did. They took Frost's quote, and then extrapolated it to be whatever they wanted it to be. Journalists do that sort of thing, constantly. Not just in sports, but politic, music, fashion, heck even local school board meetings are not too low for journalists to go to misrepresent something.

The problem with what you are posting is that Frost did not say any of those things, JOURNALISTS did. They took Frost's quote, and then extrapolated it to be whatever they wanted it to be. Journalists do that sort of thing, constantly. Not just in sports, but politic, music, fashion, heck even local school board meetings are not too low for journalists to go to misrepresent something.
You are wrong. Others must have read and understood my post, but you clearly swung and missed. Frost did say:

That is clearly a "swipe" at Saban, which was pointed out by the writers. Not really something we should be encouraging.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back