• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Clete Blakeman the controversial referee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't recall the details from the pats-panthers game, but wasn't it the right call?

The author attempts to drum up controversy, but there's only controversy if he made the wrong call.

If not, he did a good job making that call under the circumstances, one most refs probably don't make.

The rest if the story about calling more flags against the home team etc., is just froth to insinuate something controversial when there is nothing.

Heck, I tip my hat at him for calling more offensive PIs because those go uncalled a lot. Kudos for him for going against the trend and following the rule book.

Not here to get into the logistics of the call as I am a Pats fan, so my conclusion would be jaded....I think it was the incorrect call, but the thing that ticked me off is the no explanation. Either way, I am not sure the writers angle as a far as drumming up controversy beings it a Denver writer talking about the Pats game. Who knows......All I know is "there was bean bags everywhere.."

The last paragraph of the article is insight as to why the article was written at all. I work with a die hard buff fan. Several years ago he mentioned something about how Blakeman's calls were biased against Colorado, especially in games played against Nebraska. Clete is apparently popular among someColorado fans, the article' author included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back