• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Class Act

I think it's interesting to compare and contrast the culture of the two programs right now, especially when your focal point is the head coach.

Rhule's outward appearance is a leader of men, professional, adult, honest, respectful, complimentary, humble, hard working. That connects with a large portion of our fan base and especially so with a large portion of the folks who view and post here. He, and the resultant culture of the program he's in charge of, really does fit our fanbase.

Sanders is self important, arrogant, abrasive, immature, insulting, abusive might be too strong a word, but I don't know what else to assign here. He fully embraces the lowest common denominator in social media platforms and doesn't appear to work hard at all, especially as it relates to recruiting and player development. What type of players will his behavior attract? We've seen many examples of very good to great players who were really just not good people and maybe they'll see this and it'll click with them, though his recruiting results don't bear that out. What about their fans? I've had some pretty bad experiences with a slice of their fan base at Folsom, but the vast majority of CU fans really weren't that different from ours. Are they really OK with this, or is this just another snow job by the media, selling the 'Prime' experiment because it's loud and gets clicks?

To your point, I'm happy with who we have.
Yesterday on the radio, former OSU coach Pat Jones said he has talked to some friends close to the CU program, and they told him that they run very efficient practices. As to what that means, who knows, but that’s what he said yesterday.

They better be careful with ND State. They are going in there to win the game, not just collect a paycheck. CSU will be no pushover. They should have beaten CU last year. They could start 0-3 possibly if they aren’t careful. They’ll need to be on their game early, or they’ll be staring at another challenging season.

No question. NDSU wasn't the juggernaut last year they had been for what seems like a decade or more, but they have an ingrained team concept on both sides of the ball, discipline and enough talent to beat any mid level FBS program. CU will have more team speed, a better QB and the best player on the field in Hunter, but NDSU will have by far the better staff. Lose that one and limp into Lincoln, for what I hope is a few TD loss for the Buffs and they're in trouble.

Sadly, the good guy doesn't always win. I much prefer substance to flash, but it's no indicator of victory. Sounds like there's a bit of turmoil in the CU locker room, but they do have talent and want to beat us as much as we do them.
I hope to be happily hoarse after the game.

I don't disagree that the 'good guy' doesn't always win, but this goes beyond just that. Substance leads to sustainability and success, IMO. What I don't know is if year two of substance and sustainability in Lincoln trumps year two of turmoil and a circus atmosphere in Boulder, but we'll find out in September.

I think it's interesting to compare and contrast the culture of the two programs right now, especially when your focal point is the head coach.

Rhule's outward appearance is a leader of men, professional, adult, honest, respectful, complimentary, humble, hard working. That connects with a large portion of our fan base and especially so with a large portion of the folks who view and post here. He, and the resultant culture of the program he's in charge of, really does fit our fanbase.

Sanders is self important, arrogant, abrasive, immature, insulting, abusive might be too strong a word, but I don't know what else to assign here. He fully embraces the lowest common denominator in social media platforms and doesn't appear to work hard at all, especially as it relates to recruiting and player development. What type of players will his behavior attract? We've seen many examples of very good to great players who were really just not good people and maybe they'll see this and it'll click with them, though his recruiting results don't bear that out. What about their fans? I've had some pretty bad experiences with a slice of their fan base at Folsom, but the vast majority of CU fans really weren't that different from ours. Are they really OK with this, or is this just another snow job by the media, selling the 'Prime' experiment because it's loud and gets clicks?

To your point, I'm happy with who we have.
I believe collecting an overabundance of I guys, those guys whose careers crash and burn in the NFL, older supposedly more mature, college aged kids simply won't work.
You have a wild guy? The team tolerates him for what he brings.
A lot of them? You have no team.

What kind of chips did you end up having? Yes, his attitude and approach is something to be critical of but there is no credibility established with criticism when this program has curb stomped Nebraska the last three times they have played. Can only see him staying with the program after this year, maybe one year at the most.
I went with the old stand by, the ruffles. I tend to be a plain chips guy, the flavored ones don’t really do it for me. Every now and then I’ll get adventurous and pile some Doritos on the plate but I’m generally a ruffles/lays guy.

There used to be a chip called O’Gradys holy cow were those good. Very thick cut. I miss them.

Last edited:
I went with the old stand by, the ruffles. I tend to be a plain chips guy, the flavored ones don’t really do it for me. Every now and then I’ll get adventurous and pile some Doritos on the plate but I’m generally a ruffles/lays guy.

There used to be a chip called O’Gradys holy cow were those good. Very thick cut. I miss them.
Old Dutch

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back