• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chubba Purdy To San Jose State; Switches To Nevada-Reno With Coaching Change at SJSU

The point is, it seems like Purdy has been to a few stops so far in his collegiate career, it’s certainly possible he’s not done yet. And with the transfer rules nowadays, why not?

I didn’t think I was being vague.

And I am in fact worried about Raiola not staying at Nebraska.

A person can pretend to “see nothing” with all the movement, but if Purdy balls out at SJSU you can bet you bottom thst a move up is possible/probable. You don’t get looks from the league if your holding a clip board. Chubba had little choice but to go find an opportunity to play rather than risk sitting. You only get 4 years…(5 no six or is it 7 now)
Kyle McCord was told to hit the bricks, we’ve got Dylan. Why the hell would Chubba sit tight thinking I’m good, they won’t take the ball from me.
And anyone not concerned about Raiola leaving at some point if things don’t roll just right have there head in the sand as well.

I don't mean to be cynical. I think one-year deals for the really top players are the norm for the time being.
QB movement is unprecedented… I understand that
… Jalen Milroe - ‘Bama‘s QB (now in the portal due to coach change) was at ‘Bama for 3 years,
… JJ McCarthy 3rd year player at Michigan, no transfer
… Michael Penix, 3 years at Indiana and 2 at Washington.
… Quinn Ewers, spent 1 year as a backup at tOSU and then transferred to Texas is now going on his 3rd year there.

Yeah most of these guys have or will have transferred but they’ve all settled at one place for more than one year. I don’t see successful guys being one-year deal guys. DR may decide to move on if NU isn’t as successful as he thinks and/or someone ponies up significant NIL but successful guys, truly successful guys, need some organizational stability.

Last edited:
QB movement is unprecedented… I understand that
… Jalen Milroe - ‘Bama‘s QB (now in the portal due to coach change) was at ‘Bama for 3 years,
… JJ McCarthy 3rd year player at Michigan, no transfer
… Michael Penix, 3 years at Indiana and 2 at Washington.
… Quinn Ewers, spent 1 year as a backup at tOSU and then transferred to Texas is now going on his 3rd year there.

Yeah most of these guys have or will have transferred but they’ve all settled at one place for more than one year. I don’t see successful guys being one-year deal guys. DR may decide to move on if NU isn’t as successful as he thinks and/or someone ponies up significant NIL but successful guys, truly successful guys, need some organizational stability.
Milroe has not entered the portal as of yet
Their 5 star incoming freshman has though

Understood but CP’s injuries are soft issue/muscular in nature not necessarily a result of game play injuries … I guess we will see
Yea, and he's had a good amount of time to heal. Which is better. Most the time.
But yea, I can see how this could fit him, plus he offers the best option at qb for running. They ran it 53% of the time last year with the qb getting 7 carries a game, or 20% overall. If they up that to ten, he might handle it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back