• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chubba Purdy to enter the transfer portal

just noticed, RR has another thread started in the Football forum... Mods please feel free to delete this one

Shame but not unexpected. Two blue chip recruits coming in at your position with one of them much expected to be the starter for at least the next three seasons. I hope he goes and balls out for someone, preferably not someone in the Big 10 or on our schedule. I'm a lifetime 49er fan and the Purdy's seem like good folks.

That's a downer on an otherwise good day. His experience would have been valuable and he could have been a good mentor to both DR and DK. Wouldn't think he was "encouraged" to leave; more likely saw the writing on the wall regarding playing time. Looks like we'll be starting a true freshman at QB next year for sure.

I guess he is afraid of competition. Hope he actually see's some of his brothers success. Best of luck to him and where ever he lands.

I think that most college football fans are not behind the current state of the game. For me, when a player chooses to leave the team, it is hard for me to consider that player a Husker. For example, even though a player comes and finishes his career here, I think of him as a Husker. But even players like AM who leave under thier own free will, I just don't consider them Huskers.

I am sure my opinion carries little weight, but I miss the days when a player was loyal to the team.

I think that most college football fans are not behind the current state of the game. For me, when a player chooses to leave the team, it is hard for me to consider that player a Husker. For example, even though a player comes and finishes his career here, I think of him as a Husker. But even players like AM who leave under thier own free will, I just don't consider them Huskers.

I am sure my opinion carries little weight, but I miss the days when a player was loyal to the team.

I just don't understand why? Adrian put his blood, sweat, and tears into this program for years. The staff failed him, the program failed him, and so he went out to have one good season in his college career and despite all that is now an excellent ambassador for the program when he could have been jaded and bitter and been more of a KSU guy.

I'll never understand why fans get so upset about these kids making decisions that are best for them when coaches get to do it all the time. Why are the kids any different? Don't mean to attack you, just curious because I see this sentiment a ton

I just don't understand why? Adrian put his blood, sweat, and tears into this program for years. The staff failed him, the program failed him, and so he went out to have one good season in his college career and despite all that is now an excellent ambassador for the program when he could have been jaded and bitter and been more of a KSU guy.

I'll never understand why fans get so upset about these kids making decisions that are best for them when coaches get to do it all the time. Why are the kids any different? Don't mean to attack you, just curious because I see this sentiment a ton
I think to me AM might be the exception and I agree with everything you said. I used AM as the example because it was easy for everyone to see. But I feel that way about 99% of the portal guys.

Honestly, I don't think this is a good decision for Chubba. Rumors are that he is going to Boise. If you really think about it, every decent football school in D1 is going to have competition. I think Chubba only has 1 year left? I could see this move if he felt like he wasn't given a fair chance at Nebraska. My understanding was that he was injured and as soon as Sims showed he wasn't the answer and after the injury to Haarberg, there he was starting even with a groin injury. So I don't get the numbers game out there on transferring. He could very well have won the job next year?

Good luck to him, but I don't think he has thought this all the way through. He didn't exactly knock it out of the park in Lincoln. Maybe Rhule told him its Dylans job, but that doesn't appear to be the case? Was he excting Nebraska to do nothing after the results of last year? Rhule's seat would be red hot if he didn't do everything he could to improve the QB position. Again, it's not like Rhule kicked him out.

Maybe he will stay? If so, would he still be welcome?

Oh well, typical of most of this generation, quit whenever there is adversity

Merry Christmas to all

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back