• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CHAOS Charles Manson, The Cia, and the Secret History of the Sixties

Anybody see where I misplaced my Patty Hearst comeback band vinyl?
Why you making fun of a book? Have you ever read a book? :Cautious::Lol:

Honestly though, I've been fascinated by both the Kennedy assassination and the Tate-LaBianca murders since I first learned about each incident. There is so much that 99.9% of us will never truly know about each incident, but both were huge events in the 1960's America.

Last edited:
Why you making fun of a book? Have you ever read a book? :Cautious::Lol:

Honestly though, I've been fascinated by both the Kennedy assassination and the Tate-LaBianca murders since I first learned about each incident. There is so much that 99.9% of us will never truly no about each incident, but both were huge events in the 1960's America.
I cant remember the name,but the original book with Mansons face on the cover also showed various pictures of him,and each picture seemed a distortion of him in one way or the other.
The affluence of hos followers afforded him and his group access to many, and deflection from the police as well.
Dont have that book anymore, but it did give a brief overall assessment of who and what was going on, very bizarre for the times.

The affluent young were romanticized by these cult like groups, and youll find alot of wrist slapping accompanying many of their actions, much like what we see today in the general public

I cant remember the name,but the original book with Mansons face on the cover also showed various pictures of him,and each picture seemed a distortion of him in one way or the other.
The affluence of hos followers afforded him and his group access to many, and deflection from the police as well.
Dont have that book anymore, but it did give a brief overall assessment of who and what was going on, very bizarre for the times.

The affluent young were romanticized by these cult like groups, and youll find alot of wrist slapping accompanying many of their actions, much like what we see today in the general public
That is true, but the book is about how f-ed up the investigation was. If you read Helter Skelter first, it's pretty easy to see it. What a mess. I just read the book about Richard Speck, "The Crime of the Century." Some crazy MoFo, I took phycology at UNL as a minor. I have always wondered what goes on in people's minds. On another note, I have WH figured out.

HHS is a piece of cake, give him an IPA and he is a puppy. :)

I would sit down with Charlie and have a drink with him just to see if I can read his mind,
Try to understand his train of thought
Well, you'll have to do that in hell, cuz that crazy sum bitch is DED, as Jethro would say.

Last edited:
Manson wanted a record contract from Terry Melcher. Terry produced the Byrds and Paul Revere and the Raiders. He was Doris Day’s son and he and his girlfriend Candace Bergen lived in the house Tate moved into 6 mo prior. Dennis brought Terry out to Spahn Ranch to listen to Charlie. CM had the girls service Terry but he wasn’t interested in signing Charlie.

Mike Love talked about seeing Dennis with that crew when he was interviewed by Howard Stern a few years ago. He said Charlie was always ordering the girls to have sex with guys that came around. Mike said the girls were not “pick of the litter”.

Whenever I drive up to the Sierras and fish when I drive through Independence (inyo County) I always drive through the side streets because their are still remnants of "family" members who live in the city . Funny seeing hippies, don't always see them but there are still some their.

I have to admit that I'm one of the 0.001%. On a related note, I may or may not have been on the grassy knoll on November 22, 1963.
Personally, I trust Earl Warren more than any authors of any books on any subjects... so put me in the 0.001%...

I also totally trust Crash Davis' judgment about the Warren commission and Susan Sontag...

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back