• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Chad Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoREDo

REDo posts matter!!!
10 Year Member
Not Husker related. Obviously I am not a big fan of our current QB situation but if one of our recruits came in spouting off like Chad Kelly is, I am not sure I would be rooting for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...n-words-clemson-backup-qb-cole-182345699.html

Quarterback recruit Chad Kelly wants to make sure everyone knows - especially backup quarterback Cole Stoudt - that he's not coming to Clemson this fall to sit on the bench.
Kelly, a four-star dual-threat from St. Joseph's in Buffalo, N.Y., and nephew of Hall-of-Fame quarterback Jim Kelly, has been committed to Clemson since last June and is visiting campus this weekend. In preparation for his visit and likely run-in with Stoudt, Kelly tweeted yesterday, "Your on the bench for a reason. And i come soon! Just letting you know."

While the taunt was explicitly directed at Stoudt, Stoudt decided to respond anyway, "I hate those that talk like their the s*** when they haven't done anything yet."

Aside from both players needing rudimentary grammar lessons, I can't imagine this is a good way for Kelly to make friends at a new school. But this isn't the first time Kelly has challenged Stoudt, who completed 12-of-21 passes for 115 yards in backup time behind incumbent starter Tajh Boyd last season. In an interview with TigerIllustrated.com earlier this month, Kelly said he should be the one to push Boyd come fall camp in August.

"I know (offensive coordinator Chad) Morris likes me because I'm really their only dual-threat guy, so I can come in for certain packages to run since that's the best thing I do, really," Kelly said. "Plus Cole doesn't have that oomph right now and Tajh needs that every day ... for someone to push him and keep him working so he gets better."

He better hope he's wearing one of those no-contact jerseys in practice. If I were an OL there and a buddy of Stoudt, I might just miss an assignment. ;)

If one of our guys was saying that, wouldn't we be saying "we love his fire and confidence? I think he is a punk for calling him out, but he is sure of himself!

If one of our guys was saying that, wouldn't we be saying "we love his fire and confidence? I think he is a punk for calling him out, but he is sure of himself!

I would rather he just kept his mouth shut and let his play do the talking, at least within the team. Now if we had a player making Broderick Thomas type statement to other teams, then I might be more inclined to call it fire and confidence. As long as he backs it up that is.:)

Good ole Broderick! I had the same amount of confidence going into the OU game. Lost an entire paycheck that Saturday:mad:

Not Husker related. Obviously I am not a big fan of our current QB situation but if one of our recruits came in spouting off like Chad Kelly is, I am not sure I would be rooting for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...n-words-clemson-backup-qb-cole-182345699.html

Quarterback recruit Chad Kelly wants to make sure everyone knows - especially backup quarterback Cole Stoudt - that he's not coming to Clemson this fall to sit on the bench.
Kelly, a four-star dual-threat from St. Joseph's in Buffalo, N.Y., and nephew of Hall-of-Fame quarterback Jim Kelly, has been committed to Clemson since last June and is visiting campus this weekend. In preparation for his visit and likely run-in with Stoudt, Kelly tweeted yesterday, "Your on the bench for a reason. And i come soon! Just letting you know."

While the taunt was explicitly directed at Stoudt, Stoudt decided to respond anyway, "I hate those that talk like their the s*** when they haven't done anything yet."

Aside from both players needing rudimentary grammar lessons, I can't imagine this is a good way for Kelly to make friends at a new school. But this isn't the first time Kelly has challenged Stoudt, who completed 12-of-21 passes for 115 yards in backup time behind incumbent starter Tajh Boyd last season. In an interview with TigerIllustrated.com earlier this month, Kelly said he should be the one to push Boyd come fall camp in August.

"I know (offensive coordinator Chad) Morris likes me because I'm really their only dual-threat guy, so I can come in for certain packages to run since that's the best thing I do, really," Kelly said. "Plus Cole doesn't have that oomph right now and Tajh needs that every day ... for someone to push him and keep him working so he gets better."
Like Father like Son...

Except he couldn't have gotten any foot speed from his dad... and hopefully he doesn't have is dad's knees, either...

Didn't both Bubba and Mr. Turner consider themselves more polished passers than Taylor Martinez at about this same time last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back