• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Central Florida

Not sure where you are going with this. I find it disrespectful to call the current UCF student athletes 'scrubs'. Not cool.

They have accumulated some really good athletes, almost all within the 2 and 3 star range (only 1 four star). My point was/is that as good as they look, as well as they've done, if they can start getting some of the bigger recruits, the one's still going to FSU, UF, Miami and out of state, then they will really be something that will be hard to keep out of contention each year. They may even be able to get into a power 5 conference.

But by no means are they playing with scrubs, and was not suggested by me.

The other claim is they are recruiting well in Florida. How do you support that? They have 48 total recruits from Florida high schools in the last 4 years. An average of 12 per year. That's less than half of their overall numbers. So I don't know what you mean by 'well'. Average star rating? Player rankings? Players from state champions? Numbers?

UCF has been the best team in Florida for several years now, in terms of record. Hopefully they start pulling down who some of the other teams. Or at least keep Clemson out.

What a lot of people outside of Florida (and really people outside of CFLA in FLA) don’t realize is that UCF is on the rise as a University. They had their hiccup this last year with funding/accounting scandal but that is now behind them. The new downtown campus (I was very skeptical of) has just opened and is already starting to have an impact on downtown (positive impact) which is raising the stature of UCF. UCF has one of the top hospitality college, has one of the top cyber security programs in the nation, and it is a major feeder to the space industry and now robotic and self driving vehicles (which has attracted a few sensor development to move from CA ).

I am not a UCF homer but living 10 miles away as well I see the growing impact they are having in attracting companies to move here and also the incubator culture is amazing an growing fast.

As UCF raises in stature academically they will have more and better name reck nationally as a university and attracted higher end players.

Not sure where you are going with this. I find it disrespectful to call the current UCF student athletes 'scrubs'. Not cool.

They have accumulated some really good athletes, almost all within the 2 and 3 star range (only 1 four star). My point was/is that as good as they look, as well as they've done, if they can start getting some of the bigger recruits, the one's still going to FSU, UF, Miami and out of state, then they will really be something that will be hard to keep out of contention each year. They may even be able to get into a power 5 conference.

But by no means are they playing with scrubs, and was not suggested by me.

The other claim is they are recruiting well in Florida. How do you support that? They have 48 total recruits from Florida high schools in the last 4 years. An average of 12 per year. That's less than half of their overall numbers. So I don't know what you mean by 'well'. Average star rating? Player rankings? Players from state champions? Numbers?

UCF has been the best team in Florida for several years now, in terms of record. Hopefully they start pulling down who some of the other teams. Or at least keep Clemson out.
Settle down i was just saying there aren’t 5 star

UCF is very impressive. No drop off there since Frost left. I was hoping that by year 2 our offense would start looking like UCF's, but no sign of that yet.
You could easily make a case that they’re as good as any team in the state of Florida right now and that puts them in good company.

not unless they move to a P5 conference.

That is the only thing holding them back right now. The Big12 was their best shot, and for whatever reason they turned them down last year. The ACC likely won't take them, as FSU and Miami would surely protest. The same can be said for the SEC with UF; not to mention all of the bad blood in regards to the whole 2017 "Championship".

It's a shame Florida is not a little closer to Illinois.

That is the only thing holding them back right now. The Big12 was their best shot, and for whatever reason they turned them down last year. The ACC likely won't take them, as FSU and Miami would surely protest. The same can be said for the SEC with UF; not to mention all of the bad blood in regards to the whole 2017 "Championship".

UCF no more belongs in the Big 12 than West Virginia does. The fact that WVU is in the Big 12 in and of itself is a joke. UCF "turning" them down makes way more sense than them "accepting" an invite. If the ACC doesn't accept UCF, they are just morons, oh wait, that ship has already sailed.

UCF no more belongs in the Big 12 than West Virginia does. The fact that WVU is in the Big 12 in and of itself is a joke. UCF "turning" them down makes way more sense than them "accepting" an invite. If the ACC doesn't accept UCF, they are just morons, oh wait, that ship has already sailed.

Geographically I think UCF is in a pickle when it comes to changing conferences. Big12, PAC 12 (have to throw that in because it seems UCF has developed a Hawaiin pipeline), B1G don't make sense at all. SEC and ACC does make sense but they are just really not going to do it because of politics/bad blood (as pointed out). SEC and ACC are being stupid by not snatching up UCF now...or maybe they are smart waiting and see if they can keep the trend moving up.

UCF is the second-largest university by population. Their football programs (and sports programs in general) have not been around that long (comparatively) and honestly, their students and alumni really haven't cared. Revenue wasn't there, they had a hard time selling tickets or merch. The past 3 years has changed that as there is now a 4 to 6 hour line to get tickets for the student section (and they turn away a ton more students then they have seats for), they are selling out games (and their season tickets sold out really fast this year), students and alumni traveling to games is way up, and merch is starting to be seen all over central FLA (which is incredible national exposure when you consider how big -- 56 million people a year -- tourism is here). From an academic level, UCF is also on the rise competing with UF, FSU, and UM in a number of areas and actually better than them in others.

IF UCF can keep the trends going in a positive direction they will come to the eventual table with a much stronger hand and they could have the SEC and ACC competing to get them but they have to keep the trend moving in a positive direction.

Geographically I think UCF is in a pickle when it comes to changing conferences. Big12, PAC 12 (have to throw that in because it seems UCF has developed a Hawaiin pipeline), B1G don't make sense at all. SEC and ACC does make sense but they are just really not going to do it because of politics/bad blood (as pointed out). SEC and ACC are being stupid by not snatching up UCF now...or maybe they are smart waiting and see if they can keep the trend moving up.

UCF is the second-largest university by population. Their football programs (and sports programs in general) have not been around that long (comparatively) and honestly, their students and alumni really haven't cared. Revenue wasn't there, they had a hard time selling tickets or merch. The past 3 years has changed that as there is now a 4 to 6 hour line to get tickets for the student section (and they turn away a ton more students then they have seats for), they are selling out games (and their season tickets sold out really fast this year), students and alumni traveling to games is way up, and merch is starting to be seen all over central FLA (which is incredible national exposure when you consider how big -- 56 million people a year -- tourism is here). From an academic level, UCF is also on the rise competing with UF, FSU, and UM in a number of areas and actually better than them in others.

IF UCF can keep the trends going in a positive direction they will come to the eventual table with a much stronger hand and they could have the SEC and ACC competing to get them but they have to keep the trend moving in a positive direction.
And this is obvious to any person with a pulse. The ACC is flat out freaking dumb not to try to snatch up UCF, and the SEC is straight up scared, oh hell, both conferences are straight up scared of UCF if we are being honest about it. But any talk of them joining the Big 12 or like conference is also straight up flicking asinine. The only other possibility is them joining the Big East, hahahahaha.... NOT! ACC better get on board, it can only help them in the long run.

And this is obvious to any person with a pulse. The ACC is flat out freaking dumb not to try to snatch up UCF, and the SEC is straight up scared, oh hell, both conferences are straight up scared of UCF if we are being honest about it. But any talk of them joining the Big 12 or like conference is also straight up flicking asinine. The only other possibility is them joining the Big East, hahahahaha.... NOT! ACC better get on board, it can only help them in the long run.

Those rumors about the Big12 were funny because it was never going to happen. Texas is whole lot dumber than the SEC and ACC combined (I really wish OU and OSU would ditch the Texas and Big12 and join the SEC).

I know it isn't a good fit but I would love for UCF to join the B1G so I would go to the bounce house and see them play Nebraska every few years...but UCF in the B1G is actually dumb...ACC better.

It was the Big 12 who told them they were not going to expand, UCF didn't turn them down. They all but lifted their skirts for the Big 12, as that was their only realistic shot at a P5 invite.

The ACC gains nothing from inviting UCF, nor does the SEC. They both already have a strong presence in Florida. UCF would just one more Florida school diluting their recruiting pool.

Last edited:
It was the Big 12 who told them they were not going to expand, UCF didn't turn them down. They all but lifted their skirts for the Big 12, as that was their only realistic shot at a P5 invite.

The ACC gains nothing from inviting UCF, nor does the SEC. They both already have a strong presence in Florida. UCF would just one more Florida school diluting their recruiting pool.
That's just dumb thinking and slow blinking. It's a Florida school, like it or not, it's a BIG Florida school, like it or not. I'm a native Floridian, although I haven't lived there for years, it's extremely obvious that UCF is the "New" kid in town, and he is not only demanding respect, he is earning and deserving respect. The ACC and the SEC will soon recognize this and accept UCF into its fold for not only the money, but potential for the money.

That's just dumb thinking and slow blinking. It's a Florida school, like it or not, it's a BIG Florida school, like it or not. I'm a native Floridian, although I haven't lived there for years, it's extremely obvious that UCF is the "New" kid in town, and he is not only demanding respect, he is earning and deserving respect. The ACC and the SEC will soon recognize this and accept UCF into its fold for not only the money, but potential for the money.

Its not slow blinking, it's business. UCF does not provide 1 benefit to the current members of the ACC or SEC. All they would do is take, and it makes no business sense for them to want that.

Its not slow blinking, it's business. UCF does not provide 1 benefit to the current members of the ACC or SEC. All they would do is take, and it makes no business sense for them to want that.
I would say this, could UCF do any worse for the conferences than say Duke, Wake Forest, Vandy, Rutgers, Baylor, etc?

I would say this, could UCF do any worse for the conferences than say Duke, Wake Forest, Vandy, Rutgers, Baylor, etc?

You have to think like the member institutions, including those you mentioned. UCF would be another difficult game, and would take away recruits. They would not add anything to the footprint. Why would they want them?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back