• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Central Florida

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Watching CFU vs Stanford. NU's offense looks NOTHING like CFU's. Ball is snapped with 22 - 25 seconds on the clock. Lots of chunk plays. Stanford has no chance. 31 - 7 with 8 minutes in the half.

Watching CFU vs Stanford. NU's offense looks NOTHING like CFU's. Ball is snapped with 22 - 25 seconds on the clock. Lots of chunk plays. Stanford has no chance. 31 - 7 with 8 minutes in the half.

UCF is very impressive. No drop off there since Frost left. I was hoping that by year 2 our offense would start looking like UCF's, but no sign of that yet.

UCF is very impressive. No drop off there since Frost left. I was hoping that by year 2 our offense would start looking like UCF's, but no sign of that yet.

Agree Their RB's run behind the blocks and find the holes. Their receivers catch the ball. The QB runs and passes well. The line blocks.

Last edited:
I live 10 miles from the campus. If UCF can get into the playoff, or have another undefeated season at least, and conquer another big team like they did against Auburn, they will start getting some of the big recruits out of the area/state. And then look out. The IMG academy is down south a bit. Lakeland is right around the corner. Miami. Tampa. Jacksonville. Orlando. Few of those guys are even considering UCF. When they do (if they do) look out.

Great example is Lynum and Scott. Depending on how things go the remainder of the year for both teams...who knows. There's a kid down the road in Oviedo who ran for 415 yards last night. Isn't looking at UCF too hard. Those things may change.

It's not like Boise state's big run. There is an embarrassment of riches here.

As much history as FL, Miami and FSU have, if UCF can keep the momentum going I think they start getting the money it takes to compete with the big boys. Stands are full and they play a great brand of football.

I live 10 miles from the campus. If UCF can get into the playoff, or have another undefeated season at least, and conquer another big team like they did against Auburn, they will start getting some of the big recruits out of the area/state. And then look out. The IMG academy is down south a bit. Lakeland is right around the corner. Miami. Tampa. Jacksonville. Orlando. Few of those guys are even considering UCF. When they do (if they do) look out.

Great example is Lynum and Scott. Depending on how things go the remainder of the year for both teams...who knows. There's a kid down the road in Oviedo who ran for 415 yards last night. Isn't looking at UCF too hard. Those things may change.

It's not like Boise state's big run. There is an embarrassment of riches here.
UCF has a recruit from every county in Florida

UCF has a recruit from every county in Florida

Just a select few examples. From last year.

Xavier Thomas. IMG Academy. #1 overall recruit. 5 star. Clemson
Patrick Surtain Ft. Lauderdale. #1 CB 5 star Alabama
Nicholas Petit Local #1 OT. 5 star Ohio State
Tyson Campbell #2 CB 5 star Ft Lauderdale. Georgia
Tyreke Johnson #1 S jacksonville 5 Star Ohio State
Lorenzo Lingard Orlando, 5 star Miami
Bookie IMG Oklahoma
William Barnes Orlando #5 oline...North Carolina
Joe Milton Orlando #9 QB Michigan
Sevyn Banks Orlando 4* CB Ohio State
Tyler Davis Orlando #57 overall prospect in the country....Clemson

Dude, I could go on and on and on....UCF isn't getting the top guys.

Last two years they got 24 3 star players and only 1 4*.....no 5 stars...only ONE 4*. In and area full of them. My point stands. If UCF starts getting these guys look out.

If you want to read for yourself, go to your favorite search engine and type in Central Florida Top high school football players. I saw two last night up close and personal. Ethan pouncey. A friend of the family. Texas bound. Marcus Clarke another friend of the family. Miami. Not even remotely considering UCF.

Now, there's a lot of reasons. New location, new experiences etc etc. But mostly to play football on a national stage. When UCF consistently gives them that, then I think it will be pretty amazing.

Just a select few examples. From last year.

Xavier Thomas. IMG Academy. #1 overall recruit. 5 star. Clemson
Patrick Surtain Ft. Lauderdale. #1 CB 5 star Alabama
Nicholas Petit Local #1 OT. 5 star Ohio State
Tyson Campbell #2 CB 5 star Ft Lauderdale. Georgia
Tyreke Johnson #1 S jacksonville 5 Star Ohio State
Lorenzo Lingard Orlando, 5 star Miami
Bookie IMG Oklahoma
William Barnes Orlando #5 oline...North Carolina
Joe Milton Orlando #9 QB Michigan
Sevyn Banks Orlando 4* CB Ohio State
Tyler Davis Orlando #57 overall prospect in the country....Clemson

Dude, I could go on and on and on....UCF isn't getting the top guys.

Last two years they got 24 3 star players and only 1 4*.....no 5 stars...only ONE 4*. In and area full of them. My point stands. If UCF starts getting these guys look out.

If you want to read for yourself, go to your favorite search engine and type in Central Florida Top high school football players. I saw two last night up close and personal. Ethan pouncey. A friend of the family. Texas bound. Marcus Clarke another friend of the family. Miami. Not even remotely considering UCF.

Now, there's a lot of reasons. New location, new experiences etc etc. But mostly to play football on a national stage. When UCF consistently gives them that, then I think it will be pretty amazing.
I was only saying they are recruiting well in Florida. new facilities etc who knows what can happen. Scary to think of what they are doing with only scrubs they are now taking in

More importantly, Virginia beat FSU today, to drop the Criminoles to 1 - 2..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! FSU losing just tickles me innards in such a good way. :Banana::Corn2::Dancer::Happyrun:

I was only saying they are recruiting well in Florida. new facilities etc who knows what can happen. Scary to think of what they are doing with only scrubs they are now taking in

Not sure where you are going with this. I find it disrespectful to call the current UCF student athletes 'scrubs'. Not cool.

They have accumulated some really good athletes, almost all within the 2 and 3 star range (only 1 four star). My point was/is that as good as they look, as well as they've done, if they can start getting some of the bigger recruits, the one's still going to FSU, UF, Miami and out of state, then they will really be something that will be hard to keep out of contention each year. They may even be able to get into a power 5 conference.

But by no means are they playing with scrubs, and was not suggested by me.

The other claim is they are recruiting well in Florida. How do you support that? They have 48 total recruits from Florida high schools in the last 4 years. An average of 12 per year. That's less than half of their overall numbers. So I don't know what you mean by 'well'. Average star rating? Player rankings? Players from state champions? Numbers?

UCF has been the best team in Florida for several years now, in terms of record. Hopefully they start pulling down who some of the other teams. Or at least keep Clemson out.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back