• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

denisonred

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
Our past two centers have switched positions well into their careers. Jackson was a defensive tackle until his senior year and Pensick a defensive tackle until Junior year. I know most centers come out of high school playing different positions then convert to center. It would be nice to have a two or three year starter at center.

Paul Thurston who was a 4-star OT recruit out of Colorado in the 2012 class was taken to play C....will be a RS-Frosh this year....

Tanner Farmer from this class could also play center too....has short arms....

And Kondolo can play center too....JUCO transfer from the 2013 class...

Paul Thurston who was a 4-star OT recruit out of Colorado in the 2012 class was taken to play C....will be a RS-Frosh this year....

Tanner Farmer from this class could also play center too....has short arms....

And Kondolo can play center too....JUCO transfer from the 2013 class...
although he could, I don't like farmer moving and don't think the staff has that in the plans. We have pensick, thurston, kondolo, and probably Phillips as a center. I believe Whitaker was a center from possibly the 2012 class. Too lazy to look it up, but I think and hope farmer stays at guard

No argument from me....just an observation that I have heard and read....

Thurston I would think is who they hope will step up....

Whittaker was an OT in high school, but being looked at OG or C at the college level....

although he could, I don't like farmer moving and don't think the staff has that in the plans. We have pensick, thurston, kondolo, and probably Phillips as a center. I believe Whitaker was a center from possibly the 2012 class. Too lazy to look it up, but I think and hope farmer stays at guard

our centers have been disproportionately small in the last few years, 285-ish, ------ like above, hope we can get a kid to train 4 years at that position, and keep jr/sr starters there.

Thurston weighs 280.....Whitaker 275.......Kondolo 290.....according to their Bios on the official site...

our centers have been disproportionately small in the last few years, 285-ish, ------ like above, hope we can get a kid to train 4 years at that position, and keep jr/sr starters there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back