• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

cbs sports grades CFB's new hires so far, including rhule

rhule: A
fickell: A+

This simply does not matter. In 2017 CBS gave Ryan Day a "C", and SF an "A" ......... sooooooooo. Matt Rhule is the correct coach for this program at this moment in time. Luke Fickell could be a great hire for Wisconsin, but not the right fit for us. Fickell is a really good fit for where Wisconsin is at currently.

There are only a few sportswriters or commentators that really do their homework. Their judgements seem to be based on much the same information we all have.

So I treat their "grades" as just another Husker Max post, perhaps slightly better informed than many.

Grades at the beginning of a job mean nothing. Once the ink is dry, the only true measurements are wins and player development. Recruiting is also suspect except for 5 star recruits. Those are almost always pretty good.

So take a look next year at this time. That will be a better judge of how our new coach is doing. Right now we have two examples in our new coaches career of turning bad and disorganized programs around. That should make most of us feel good about the hire.

Rhule has done it at the Power 5 level. Fickell has not.

Not that I think LF is a bad hire, it looks like a very good hire actually. But hot commodities coming out of the AAC aren’t exactly sure things.

And he also will have the issue of his players being ticked off the team passed over Leonhard.
It will take about 15 minutes for them to get over Leonard not getting the job.

My opinion is Both Rhule and Fickell were both in contention for Nebraska and Wisconsin. Rhule had first choice. After he took Nebraska Wisconsin settled for Fickell? It’s my story and I’m sticking to it. :)
They definitely got Fickell for a lot less money, if what I'm reading is accurate.

I
if our coach is an "A", why does it matter that wisky's is slightly better?
I'd be willing to bet that LF will get wisky turned around faster that MR will turn NU around simply because wisky already has better players.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back