• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Casey Thompson Injuries

The real question is will he be taking the offense line bowling in the offseason,pal?
Maybe he should take them dancing in hopes it will improve their footwork.

Start with something that's easy and instills a winning attitude.

It's easy to criticize Casey Thompson, but he was a warrior having to contend with our offensive line -- and still was able to help Trey Palmer get his incredible season. Casey never complained about the situation; he just went out there, fought hard through injuries and adversity -- and showed himself to be a very solid leader.

Last edited:

I’m sure CT came here in part because of Whipple, his offense and his prior credentials but … the offense and play calling were not conducive to the talent on the field. Yeah O-Line left a lot to be desired but they could’ve been helped alot.

In my mind we’re already better because MW won’t be back.

Last edited:

I'd gladly take Casey Thompson back in a Husker jersey for one more season. Impossible to say right now if he fits the bill under Matt Rhule, but if the feelings are mutual upon a return, I'm all for it.

I like Casey quite a bit. A fine representative and leader of the team. And who knows -- with better coaching, he may have an opportunity to help give us a special first year under Rhule. But if he's regarded to a mentor role, it may be he's just fine with that as well.

Last edited:
If things don't change Oline wise, Casey would not be smart in returning imo.

They almost finished him off this year, why risk it again?

I'd gladly take Casey Thompson back in a Husker jersey for one more season. Impossible to say right now if he fits the bill under Matt Rhule, but if the feelings are mutual upon a return, I'm all for it.
Agree. Fix the O-Line … most important hire will be S&C coach, the O-Line coach and then OC.

I do hope whomever our QB is that he will put the R in RPO.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back