• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Carl Pelini to be introduced as FAU coach on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
the dream team..................

Carl as the HC
Mangino as the OC
Marvin as the DC

that would be one hell of a staff.

I don't mean to poke fun at him but he is a walking heart attack waiting to happen.

Last edited:

If the HC is only making $500K, how much do you think he will be able to pay his coordinators/assistant coaches?

I think this is a lateral move at best for Carl. Yes, it is an HC job but what exactly is he in charge of? You can be 2nd in command of an aircraft carrier....or captain of a small, inconsequential frigget...his choice I guess.

Best of luck to him. I just want the transaction to be over so we can move on with recruiting and hiring his replacement...

Last edited:
No way it is a lateral move. The potential here is tremendous. Go for the brass ring; that's what it is all about. FAU's defense is not terrible and Carl can fix it. Get the right offensive staff and he's looking at 5-8 wins in a couple of years. Then the money will start to flow.

Best of luck to Carl.

.....and don't forget we have an open date on Sept 22 next season...................just saying.......................

No way it is a lateral move. The potential here is tremendous. Go for the brass ring; that's what it is all about. FAU's defense is not terrible and Carl can fix it. Get the right offensive staff and he's looking at 5-8 wins in a couple of years. Then the money will start to flow.

Best of luck to Carl.

Whatever wise old "owl"...

Arent you the same one who said this announcement needed to wait so that Howard could sent off with the respect he deserves?

You can't be trusted...:Biggrin:

Whatever wise old "owl"...

Arent you the same one who said this announcement needed to wait so that Howard could sent off with the respect he deserves?

You can't be trusted...:Biggrin:

I said it but it wasn't an original thought; I was merely responding to a posters question with something I had read.......don't shoot the messenger.............;)
and what's with this "old" stuff.........................;)

+1

Best of luck to Carl.

......and there is also talk FAU might want to move to the Big East..................so if they can hold onto the AQ status and FAU moves there..........now he is the head coach in a BCS league.............lot's of moving parts.

that would not be bad

There are any number is QBs who didn't make it in the pros with more experience than Joe Ganz. There are any number of QB coaches at the highschool level with more expertise at coaching QBs than Joe Ganz.

I like Joe. Good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back