• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cameron Lenhardt Is N

I must say that overall this appears to be a solid recruiting effort by Rhule. Statistically this is Rhule's best class ever. I think it hits some areas of need. The areas of need were done more so than any historical in the past 10 years.

I must say that overall this appears to be a solid recruiting effort by Rhule. Statistically this is Rhule's best class ever. I think it hits some areas of need. The areas of need were done more so than any historical in the past 10 years.
the D line has some serious ups in the future!

the D line has some serious ups in the future!
I think we still need someone to take up blockers and get a middle push. But then again, almost every team needs this. We might have this with Huntmacher or we recruited a 320 lbs dude as well as some other lineman. My fear is that with this class the two obvious NT players will take a few years to get ready. If we can a few guys who can get a push we could be good up front sooner than later. But sadly, I have said that four four years.

I think we still need someone to take up blockers and get a middle push. But then again, almost every team needs this. We might have this with Huntmacher or we recruited a 320 lbs dude as well as some other lineman. My fear is that with this class the two obvious NT players will take a few years to get ready. If we can a few guys who can get a push we could be good up front sooner than later. But sadly, I have said that four four years.
Do we still have Ty Robinson or did he leave too? I may have missed any news on him. I was thinking he had at least a year left and was playing better later in the year.

Do we still have Ty Robinson or did he leave too? I may have missed any news on him. I was thinking he had at least a year left and was playing better later in the year.
As of right now he is staying and thank goodness. I think he only has one year left but he has all the potential to be a game changer. I am optimistic about how Huntmacher will do but we still certainly need depth and a couple of other big bodies in the middle. As far as LB I think Reimer can be good but both him and Hienrich are never healthy. So IMO (and I know people will flame me) that Clements was our best LB and Kolovaric (spelling?) was really not that far behind. Thus losing Hausmann becomes really scary. Right now we really need some help at MLB. But even worse we need help at OLB. In the last 2 years we lost Domann, Nelson, and Tannor. Those three did very well and Tannor was really coming along toward the end of the season. I don't think we have anyone right now who can replace them but if we truly go to a 3-3-5 who knows.

As of right now he is staying and thank goodness. I think he only has one year left but he has all the potential to be a game changer. I am optimistic about how Huntmacher will do but we still certainly need depth and a couple of other big bodies in the middle. As far as LB I think Reimer can be good but both him and Hienrich are never healthy. So IMO (and I know people will flame me) that Clements was our best LB and Kolovaric (spelling?) was really not that far behind. Thus losing Hausmann becomes really scary. Right now we really need some help at MLB. But even worse we need help at OLB. In the last 2 years we lost Domann, Nelson, and Tannor. Those three did very well and Tannor was really coming along toward the end of the season. I don't think we have anyone right now who can replace them but if we truly go to a 3-3-5 who knows.

There are a ton of bodies coming in that could be EDGE players in a 335:

Lenhardt 6'3" 250
Noonan 6'3" 245
Wallin 6'5" 235
Rogers 6'3" 240
Borders 6'4" 240
Umanmielen 6'4.5" 230
Butler 6'5" 245
Appleget 6'4" 220
Gunnerson 6'6" 250

The above group should be just fine taking care of the OLB spots, and it'll be a deep group. The taller ones that aren't fast enough will probably be asked to put on weight and become DEs like Robinson. Great!

Because of the versatility of the 335, you can have 3, 4, or 5 man fronts on any play. In the B1G, we'll likely need more 5 man fronts to deal with power running teams. That's why having a ton of EDGE players is so important. I think we'll see a lot more 4/5 on LOS on first and second down than 3 against, say, Minnesota or Iowa. For teams like Purdue, I expect a more traditional 335 look. That's where a kid like Fields can probably really help us. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing next to Reimer and Henrich against passing teams as a TFrosh. In third and long, we could easily see more of a Peso look with 7 DBs. It's very much a tweener-friendly defense.

As for the MLB spot(s), Reimer and Henrich should be fine. Borders and Rogers might be solid here too. I think the point of recruiting that many similar athletes in one class is so we can sort it out later after we get the best athletes on the field. LBs and secondary have plenty of bodies. DL depth will definitely be helped with Jeudy, but he's only our 4th player on the DL over 300lbs. We need more weight at DL. Feist and Wynn played pretty well in '22. Sleeper at DE is TFr Vincent Carroll-Jackon (6'5" 285 and good athlete on film), IMO. Now, if they put Maciejsczak on the DL (and I hope to God they do), he could easily end up being our best DL. Kid is a freakshow at 320 and barring injury is a for sure NFL possibility down the road. I'm guessing that's going to be a major fight between Raiola and Knighton. Steal of the class along with Fields.

I did feel like the two transfer DTs started playing better later in the year and were seeing more playing, the Alabama guy and the Texas tech guy. Are they still around too?

I did feel like the two transfer DTs started playing better later in the year and were seeing more playing, the Alabama guy and the Texas tech guy. Are they still around too?

Wynn still has one more year. He did appear to improve as the season progressed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back