• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cam Ward was Interested in Nebraska Before Choosing Wazzu

hindsight is always 20/20 - not sure what that means "he was interested" - who else was he "interested" in?

But we get your underlying point - coaches made a bad call - Sims didn't work out. Wasn't the first time coaches were wrong at Nebraska about a prospect (Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk) and won't be the last.

Would take him second time. Game changer. Really a lot of QBs that could help us that are in portal or will be in portal soon.

hindsight is always 20/20 - not sure what that means "he was interested" - who else was he "interested" in?

But we get your underlying point - coaches made a bad call - Sims didn't work out. Wasn't the first time coaches were wrong at Nebraska about a prospect (Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk) and won't be the last.
He played two years at Wazzu, so when he was last in the portal would have been when we were in there to get Casey Thompson, not Jeff Sims.

I didn’t really have a point, just found it interesting. Wasn’t a hindsight thing or anything to do with Sims

He played two years at Wazzu, so when he was last in the portal would have been when we were in there to get Casey Thompson, not Jeff Sims.
He may have been a great QB in Frost's system. Who knows with Whipple.

I think this is where Trev screwed up. Frosts entire time at NU was Martinez at QB. If Trev wanted to give Frost another year, see how a new QB would work in the offense and then make changes on the defensive side of the ball where it was needed badly.

He may have been a great QB in Frost's system. Who knows with Whipple.

I think this is where Trev screwed up. Frosts entire time at NU was Martinez at QB. If Trev wanted to give Frost another year, see how a new QB would work in the offense and then make changes on the defensive side of the ball where it was needed badly.

Frost is solely responsible for his being fired. Frost did not deserve another year. Frost had every opportunity to fire Chins and he didn’t.

Frost could have put together a top notch staff, but he chose to fill the slots with young, less experienced pals that hadn't 'seen it all/done that' and it cost him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back