• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

C/OG Houston Kaahahaaina-Torres Has Committed To Nebraska

Also supposedly the top ranked or second ranked 2025 prospect in Hawaii... which should translate to 4*.
Unfortunately that's not how it works. He might be the best prospect in Hawaii but if he played in Texas he might be their 50th best prospect. It just depends.

Last edited:

I know I'm beating a dead horse on this issue, but it's impossible to reconcile a 3* rating with what people are saying about him. We got someone considered the third best center in America and the average star rating of our class goes down?!! That makes no sense.

Last edited:

I know I'm beating a dead horse on this issue, but it's impossible to reconcile a 3* rating with what people are saying about him. We got someone considered the third best center in America and the average star rating of our class goes down?!! That makes no sense.

The services get it wrong a lot that is the bottom line

Look at all the 4* Frost brought in and they were way overrated

Most of them left and ended up mainly at G 5 schools

When it's all said and done it really does not matter.

If this staff wanted him that's good enough for me

The services get it wrong a lot that is the bottom line

Look at all the 4* Frost brought in and they were way overrated

Most of them left and ended up mainly at G 5 schools

When it's all said and done it really does not matter.

If this staff wanted him that's good enough for me
100%. All we need to do is look at the track record for evaluation by Coach Rhule and his staff over the years. Stars are not the measure here.

100%. All we need to do is look at the track record for evaluation by Coach Rhule and his staff over the years. Stars are not the measure here.
I would add always. They do get it right most the time. But how many 7on7 circuits do Hawaiian kids play? How many have certified evaluators that have clout living out there?
So always the measure, certainly not

I would add always. They do get it right most the time. But how many 7on7 circuits do Hawaiian kids play? How many have certified evaluators that have clout living out there?
So always the measure, certainly not
I agree. When kids don’t have access or resources to participate with the various camps or other opportunities, it can be more challenging to evaluate. Coaching networks, competition, and film (of course!) are always good tools too. And not to over-simplify, but Coach Rhule has always had a very good eye for the player of tomorrow rather than the player of today. Ceiling, right? So for skill guys (and I’m not trying to provoke a discussion of “skill” as we all know linemen are skilled), speed, burst, wiggle, athleticism — including with other sports— are all in the mix. With linemen, power, frame, hands, feet, etc. are part of it.

I just think the stars can be misleading for players who right this moment have a gap between the player of today versus the player of tomorrow. It’s not the services’ fault, as they’re judging today’s player. The stars are a decent “label” for the player today, maybe because of film. Or where they play. Or certain coach’s say. Or just obvious ability and stats. That’s “easy” scouting — he runs a 4.5, carries 200 lbs, is a straight-line, hard-nosed guy, blah, blah. Maybe three stars. Same guy at Long Beach Poly, a starter, against top-flight competition, is maybe four stars.

The difference sometimes is the college coach who can see what others cannot, right? 4.5 that can be 4.4. Good hands when actually asked to catch it. Or the other side of it. Never getting faster because he’s maxed with a ton of personal training and physical limitations. At RB because when he played WR the year before he dropped everything thrown his way.

So I always think. Is this guy a solid three? Or a three with ceiling? My sense is that almost every kid Rhule recruits is a ____ star with ceiling. My two cents.

I agree. When kids don’t have access or resources to participate with the various camps or other opportunities, it can be more challenging to evaluate. Coaching networks, competition, and film (of course!) are always good tools too. And not to over-simplify, but Coach Rhule has always had a very good eye for the player of tomorrow rather than the player of today. Ceiling, right? So for skill guys (and I’m not trying to provoke a discussion of “skill” as we all know linemen are skilled), speed, burst, wiggle, athleticism — including with other sports— are all in the mix. With linemen, power, frame, hands, feet, etc. are part of it.

I just think the stars can be misleading for players who right this moment have a gap between the player of today versus the player of tomorrow. It’s not the services’ fault, as they’re judging today’s player. The stars are a decent “label” for the player today, maybe because of film. Or where they play. Or certain coach’s say. Or just obvious ability and stats. That’s “easy” scouting — he runs a 4.5, carries 200 lbs, is a straight-line, hard-nosed guy, blah, blah. Maybe three stars. Same guy at Long Beach Poly, a starter, against top-flight competition, is maybe four stars.

The difference sometimes is the college coach who can see what others cannot, right? 4.5 that can be 4.4. Good hands when actually asked to catch it. Or the other side of it. Never getting faster because he’s maxed with a ton of personal training and physical limitations. At RB because when he played WR the year before he dropped everything thrown his way.

So I always think. Is this guy a solid three? Or a three with ceiling? My sense is that almost every kid Rhule recruits is a ____ star with ceiling. My two cents.
You pointed out a huge difference. Recruiting sites don't have the coaching connections staffs do. HS coaches call college coaches not rivals, 247 to help their kids out.
Coaches show up. What you'll find is two things, once this staff looks at a kid sites evaluate unseen, other teams staffs make offers.

You pointed out a huge difference. Recruiting sites don't have the coaching connections staffs do. HS coaches call college coaches not rivals, 247 to help their kids out.
Coaches show up. What you'll find is two things, once this staff looks at a kid sites evaluate unseen, other teams staffs make offers.
That’s a huge tell. Some programs offer, and coaches don’t care. Rhule and his staff offer, and the kid lights on fire.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back