• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Burrow in LSU

wcbsas

All Big 10
20 Year Member

The one school that did not recruit Burrow was the one he kept close to his heart. Joe’s father and two brothers all played at Nebraska. The Cornhuskers never offered or even showed much interest, both in high school and during Joe’s transfer spring. This is still a point of contention for Dan Burrow, a safety for Nebraska at the turn of the century. “They were questioning his arm strength and whatever,” Dan says. “All Joe ever wanted to do is play for Nebraska. It really, really hurt me.” For Dan’s brother, it is motivation—all of it: his childhood team didn’t want him; he never got an invitation to the high school all-star showcase, Elite 11; people doubting his skills, even as recently as this year (see SEC Network’s Jordan Rodgers); and he didn’t win the starting job at Ohio State. “He felt like he won that job,” Dan says. “That really messed with him mentally.”

I give SF a slight pass because he chased 2AM really hard - before Burrow sought to leave tOSU - and going after Burrow would have probably forced him to go back on a recruiting promise.

Last edited:

To this day ... It makes me extremely upset with Mike Riley and is probably THE #1 reason why I am glad he and his regime is gone.

I give SF a slight pass because he chased 2AM really hard - before Burrow sought to leave tOSU - and going after Burrow would have probably forced him to go back on a recruiting promise.

Your anger is directed at the wrong coach. MR went at him after he was ignored by Bo and Beck. Even when MR does the correct thing he still gets blamed for another coaches screw ups, LOL. Peoples hatred of MR makes them blind to the truth, classic.

C

Your anger is directed at the wrong coach. MR went at him after he was ignored by Bo and Beck. Even when MR does the correct thing he still gets blamed for another coaches screw ups, LOL. Peoples hatred of MR makes them blind to the truth, classic.

C
My mistake on the MR issue .. and you are right I recall the whole Tim Beck thing.

Some info from the internet:

Last edited:

C
MR was stinky hot garbage of a coach and the stench still hasn't left the locker room.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back