• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Building a Team in the Portal Era

The current Colon-rado way, infers to players that they are disposable..... now that works at the NFL level, cause they are men... but with 18-21 yr old kids, long term stability and development.... aka.. relationship with communication... is definately the way to go. Can you plug a few holes to succeed, yes, but you dont want that to be the basis of your team, its all about the investment in the individual, that will provide steady consistent teams.

I agree. Primes model reminds me of the Angels when the singing cowboy ran things. He was always trying to go out to the waiver wire to get the next big guy who was actually the last big guy.

The Steelers model os better. They have always built from the draft. May take a little longer but in the end you are better off. Queues "Don't go chasing waterfalls" by TLC.

the-other-guys.gif

Nice coincidence. All we needed to do was start the conversation, and USA Today jumped in. Haha.
Well, two things just became quite predictable:
1- Neon is going to tell this writer that he read his bull-junk when one of their two teams "wins" their spring game.
2- Shadeur is going to whine that Rhule disrespected his pops because Rhule didn't kiss Neon's behind in the article and simply refused to discuss the CU recruiting model.

Well, two things just became quite predictable:
1- Neon is going to tell this writer that he read his bull-junk when one of their two teams "wins" their spring game.
2- Shadeur is going to whine that Rhule disrespected his pops because Rhule didn't kiss Neon's behind in the article and simply refused to discuss the CU recruiting model.
They're great at creating boogeymen out of absurdities.

A few things of my own.

1. I threw up a bit in my mouth when I read this.
“I really, truly in all my heart believe that parents don’t want me at (their) house,” Sanders said in an unsolicited speech about the topic March 20. “They want to come see my house. They want to see how I live, how I get down. They want to see what I’ve got going on, what God has done in my life.”
2. How long do you think this clown show lasts before parents see Deion is only invested in himself and does not give a crap about any kid other than his.
3. If my grandson is ever good enough to get an offer and Deion calls. I will tell my grandson to hang up. I would not want any kid I have any influence over to come within 100 miles of him. He is a user. Uses people up then spits them out.

This is a tough one for me to get a grasp on. Something seems wrong. Especially in large numbers that Colorado is doing. But is that because I like Rhule and not Deion's methods? Because I hate Colorado and like Nebraska? Lets face it, Rhule has been pretty active in the Transfer portal and we still have to eject about 10 guys before next fall. And that doesn't include any more if they were to bring on others. Is 15 a year a good number but 30 a bad number? Since Deion didn't take many unproven high school recruits but used those 25 or so scholarships towards transfers is that all bad? I just don't know. Are they choosing to transfer or being kicked out? Are they all "woke" to the Deion hype and wanting to exit on their own? Is Deion forcing them into the transfer portal against their will?
My guess is that to some extent, Deion recruits kids that match Deion's personality, i.e. ego. Those types of guys can be pretty fickle, e.g. not getting enough playing time, attention, girls, or whatever. The grass is always greener when what you have is never enough.

My guess is that to some extent, Deion recruits kids that match Deion's personality, i.e. ego. Those types of guys can be pretty fickle, e.g. not getting enough playing time, attention, girls, or whatever. The grass is always greener when what you have is never enough.
The light is always brighter at Neons house

I do hope there is a breeze in Lincoln on Sept 7.

Will help keep the stink that is ScuM from permeating the stadium and city.

Also hope they have good fumigators available after ScuM slithers back to Condomrado.

I do hope there is a breeze in Lincoln on Sept 7.

Will help keep the stink that is ScuM from permeating the stadium and city.

Also hope they have good fumigators available after ScuM slithers back to Condomrado.
This is one of, or only place this kind of idiocracy can happen. Cant happen at SC or UCLA, too many 'superstars'.
But they're eating this up in flyoverado.

This is one of, or only place this kind of idiocracy can happen. Cant happen at SC or UCLA, too many 'superstars'.
But they're eating this up in flyoverado.
The sCUm have some of the least knowledgable, rude and most classless fans in college football. It’s all about having lots of glitz and glamor in Bolder. Could go on what’s sadly happened to Colorado but this isn’t the proper forum.

The sCUm have some of the least knowledgable, rude and most classless fans in college football. It’s all about having lots of glitz and glamor in Bolder. Could go on what’s sadly happened to Colorado but this isn’t the proper forum.
Agree, worth mentioning, not elaborating.
This is one of the hardest paths to take imo. Today, teams win football games, its very rare one or two players take over a game with todays parity.
And as a team, that requires a certain dedication and shared experience together for younger, learning players.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back