• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BTN to become first college sports network to produce live football game in virtual reality

151019182552-back-to-the-future-day-3-large-tease.jpg

I wish they had done this LAST week so fewer eyeballs would have witnessed the meltdown in Columbus due to technical difficulties.

Really not a 'techie' guy but more power to them. I think though I will just watch it the old fashion way.

This dates me, but here's the type of virtual reality that's more my speed:

1) Close eyes
2) Listen
3) Brain takes care of the rest:

I know this is a test run for BTN to see how well this will work, but how many people out there have these devices now? It might be cool, but something in my head is telling me not to run out and buy the needed equipment to partake.
My phone is not a Samsung so I was out from the word go.

Are there any gamers here who know what this might really be like? I'm imagining you can, for instance, focus on the defensive backfield by just turning your head, even if the DBs aren't even in the regular TV picture.

Last edited:
I think we had another thread on this somewhere, but I decided since Best Buy has last year's model of the Samsung Gear VR headset on sale for $60, I'd pick one up and try this out tomorrow during the game. I'll let everyone know what it's like.

I feel so left out, I'm going to watch it in actual reality instead of virtual reality.:(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back