• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Brisket tips for smoking

I bothers me when I screw up a perfectly good brisket because:

Smoker got too hot.
Smoker wasn't hot enough.
Didn't wrap soon enough.
Wrapped too soon.
Didn't let it rest.
Had too many bourbons and couldn't wait out the stall.
Too windy.
Too cold.
All of the above mentioned is the price of tuition for the education received.

And just think of how much better you have gotten after all those educational experiences. And you were kind enough to share that education with the rest of us. You're a good person.

That’s why I just go to Runza and call it good. :thumbsup:
And Runza is an excellent alternative.

All of the above mentioned is the price of tuition for the education received.

And just think of how much better you have gotten after all those educational experiences. And you were kind enough to share that education with the rest of us. You're a good person.

And Runza is an excellent alternative.

I'm not sure I'm a good person, but I've screwed up smoking about every cut of meat you can smoke.

That said, screwed up brisket is kind of my specialty.

I'm not sure I'm a good person, but I've screwed up smoking about every cut of meat you can smoke.

That said, screwed up brisket is kind of my specialty.

Brisket was born screwed up. It takes a magician to turn it into a masterpiece. I can smoke it and I can make it disappear, but I'm still working on making it perfect.

Brisket was born screwed up. It takes a magician to turn it into a masterpiece. I can smoke it and I can make it disappear, but I'm still working on making it perfect.
I'm no magician, but mine got better when I started wrapping it in a towel (on top of butcher paper) and putting it in a cooler for a few hours. Or, if finishing in the oven (wrapped), just turn off the oven when it reaches target temp and let it stay in there for a couple hours.

I'm no magician, but mine got better when I started wrapping it in a towel (on top of butcher paper) and putting it in a cooler for a few hours. Or, if finishing in the oven (wrapped), just turn off the oven when it reaches target temp and let it stay in there for a couple hours.
That's what I do with a whole prime rib

I’ve done a handful of briskets over the years that were really incredible. One was for a group of guys I work with and they still think I’m the brisket master.

I keep telling them that was the anomaly, but they think I’m just being modest. I keep offering to screw up another one to prove it, but we can’t seem to get schedules to align.

I try and do a brisket about every 5 or 6 wks. I load up on them when Sam's or Kroger has a sale. Think I have 3 in the freezer right now. Keeps my wife from buying those damn veggie things...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back