• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Brett Smith QB-NU related-Transfer possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCHusker

#1 Husker Fan
15 Year Member
Would you take him?? Rumors of him transferring with the regime change. Not sure Bohl's offense is fit as it is more power.. I personally would take the kid in a heartbeat. No questions asked. I think it would be great competition for TA, TS, and ZD. Sure there is the thought of one of them transferring, but they should embrace competition. It would get them another season in the system behind a very good qb in my mind....... GO GET HIM TIM BECK!!!

Damon Benning ‏@damonbenning 12h
Easton Stick to Wyoming now? Smith is set to graduate early. Maybe he'll transfer to the highest bidder. He's eligible right away.

Have at it...............

Last edited:

Would you take him?? Rumors of him transferring with the regime change. Not sure Bohl's offense is fit as it is more power.. I personally would take the kid in a heartbeat. No questions asked. I think it would be great competition for TA, TS, and ZD. Sure there is the thought of one of them transferring, but they should embrace competition. It would get them another season in the system behind a very good qb in my mind....... GO GET HIM TIM BECK!!!

Damon Benning ‏@damonbenning 12h
Easton Stick to Wyoming now? Smith is set to graduate early. Maybe he'll transfer to the highest bidder. He's eligible right away.

Have at it...............

In a heart beat.

I'd take Brett Smith in a heart beat. Though I'm sure the only way he'd transfer is if he was guaranteed the starting spot. And I'd be concerned that Armstrong and/or Stanton would not be pleased -- and it might result in one of them transferring. I highly doubt Smith comes to Nebraska. Actually, I highly doubt he leaves Wyoming. I'm not sure why a possible incoming freshman (Easton Stick) would be a threat to Smith and his starting spot.

I think we are going to do well with Armstrong and Stanton. If he wants to come in and compete, that would be great.

Smith can certainly play in Bohl's offense. He may not put up the same numbers, but he would still be extremely effective. Don't make the mistake of thinking that Bohl is not a good enough coach to take advantage of Smith's talents.

I'd take Brett Smith in a heart beat. Though I'm sure the only way he'd transfer is if he was guaranteed the starting spot. And I'd be concerned that Armstrong and/or Stanton would not be pleased -- and it might result in one of them transferring. I highly doubt Smith comes to Nebraska. Actually, I highly doubt he leaves Wyoming. I'm not sure why a possible incoming freshman (Easton Stick) would be a threat to Smith and his starting spot.

Agree, but keep in mind they both have used up their 'shirt so transferring would cause them to forfeit a year......

Alabama is losing a sr qb
I think Washington is too, which is closer & new HC
Still think he would rather play for a National Champ head coach
Don't see NU as being an option

If Tommy and Johnny don't welcome more competition then they shouldn't be playing QB here. I am told Bo is very fond of Brett Smith...we would take him in a heartbeat if he was interested.

Last edited:
Same kind of deal worked out very nicely for WI when Wilson showed up! You can't have to many QB's as witnessed by our injuries this season...........

With all the talk of Bo being a loyalty guy, I would say he would not do that for a one year player.

Alabama is losing a sr qb
I think Washington is too, which is closer & new HC
Still think he would rather play for a National Champ head coach
Don't see NU as being an option

Since he's from Oregon... imagine him playing for Wazzo State and Leach? Talk about a good match... they need a QB and Smith threw for over 3500 yd and ran for over 500...... 29 td to 11 int! QB rating of 138!!! That's pretty impressive and you know he'd be starting for Leach imo.........

Last edited:
I don't know that he would be at all interested, but if he could avoid turning the ball over 4 times a game, he would be a huge upgrade compared to our current QB situation.

Last edited:

I would think he might want to transfer to a place with an actual QB coach, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back