• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Brent Qvale is The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturgis 'Sker

Recruit
2 Year Member
I've finally caved to my addiction to Husker Football, and have officially joined Le Board. Be gentle. ;)

Back in 2009 I began college in a town wayyy up north in Minnesota called Bemidji. During my first few weeks there, I met a guy by the name of Brian Robinson from Williston, North Dakota, and due to our mutual love of the German language, we became fast friends. After noticing my seven-day-a-week Husker clothing options, along with my apartment filled to the brim with NU memorabilia, Brian said to me, "Ya know, I have a buddy who plays for Nebraska." So I said to him, "Horse **********." But lo and behold, his best friend from high school happens to be a 6'7" dude named Brent Qvale. Needless to say, I quickly converted Brian into a Husker fan (I'm a missionary of sorts).

The next year rolled around, and due to my weekly requests to get Brent to score us some tickets, Brian caved and hit up his friend. And man did he hook us up. Last Big 12 game versus Colorado. East stadium, 50 yard line, ten rows up. I was a kid at Christmas. Sure, I drew some odd looks from players' parents unfamiliar with NU folklore, holding up my shoe on kickoffs, and yelling, "Qvaleee! Restore the Pipeline!!"

After the game, we caught up and hung out with Brent. Nicest (and tallest) dude I've ever met. We went to a party, sipped some kool laid, and bonded like only Husker fans, and people a little tipsy on kool aid, can. Because of Brent, I got to see our last Big 12 game, and our first Big Ten home game against Ohio State. Love that dude. GBR!

Welcome. Always fun to have a direct connection.

Welcome....my wife is a Spearfish girl....born and raised...and a Black Hills State grad....been to Strugis more times than I can ever remember over the years....I was at Ellsworth AFB for three years....

My wife said to say 'hi' and your okay even if you are from Strugis (big high school football rival between the two towns)....:)

Oh and great story...:)

Last edited:
I call BS.. No way does anyone live in Bemidji and admit it.

Welcome.

Last edited:
After the game, we caught up and hung out with Brent. Nicest (and tallest) dude I've ever met. We went to a party, sipped some kool laid, and bonded like only Husker fans, and people a little tipsy on kool aid, can. Because of Brent, I got to see our last Big 12 game, and our first Big Ten home game against Ohio State. Love that dude. GBR![/QUOTE]

:wow: I bet you were appreciative of him getting you kool laid'ed

Welcome.....

I've finally caved to my addiction to Husker Football, and have officially joined Le Board. Be gentle. ;)

Back in 2009 I began college in a town wayyy up north in Minnesota called Bemidji. During my first few weeks there, I met a guy by the name of Brian Robinson from Williston, North Dakota, and due to our mutual love of the German language, we became fast friends. After noticing my seven-day-a-week Husker clothing options, along with my apartment filled to the brim with NU memorabilia, Brian said to me, "Ya know, I have a buddy who plays for Nebraska." So I said to him, "Horse **********." But lo and behold, his best friend from high school happens to be a 6'7" dude named Brent Qvale. Needless to say, I quickly converted Brian into a Husker fan (I'm a missionary of sorts).

The next year rolled around, and due to my weekly requests to get Brent to score us some tickets, Brian caved and hit up his friend. And man did he hook us up. Last Big 12 game versus Colorado. East stadium, 50 yard line, ten rows up. I was a kid at Christmas. Sure, I drew some odd looks from players' parents unfamiliar with NU folklore, holding up my shoe on kickoffs, and yelling, "Qvaleee! Restore the Pipeline!!"

After the game, we caught up and hung out with Brent. Nicest (and tallest) dude I've ever met. We went to a party, sipped some kool laid, and bonded like only Husker fans, and people a little tipsy on kool aid, can. Because of Brent, I got to see our last Big 12 game, and our first Big Ten home game against Ohio State. Love that dude. GBR!

Please tell us you "got" the tickets from someone other than Mr. Qvale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back