• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Brayden Scott commits to Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not disagree more...its a classic example....once the LSU offer came he bolted...its what he was waiting for....had it not come he would be playing for Nebraska now....

Still don't think the Debo Jones example is a good one of placeholding.

Could not disagree more...its a classic example....once the LSU offer came he bolted...its what he was waiting for....had it not come he would be playing for Nebraska now....

He probably would be playing for us...that doesn't mean we were a placeholder. We built a relationship with him. We had ties to his coach. He legitimately liked Nebraska. It wasn't like he committed and kept looking around for the bigger better thing, taking visits and what not. There was maybe one school in the country that could have swayed him. His childhood favorite. I don't blame him at all. Not every decommit is a placeholder. Nebraska and Memphis are not on the same scale.

We were a place holder....he committed and hoped for an LSU offer which came and he left....I call that a place holder to make sure you have the best offer you can get....if the offer you really want does not come then you are set.....if it does your gone....and he did just that...and FWIW he told the coaches he was solid (in an in-home visit) the night before he flipped to LSU when they came visiting his home....call it what you want....

If he was truely committed to Nebraska then he would not have bolted....Jordan Westerkamp is a prime example of the latter...

No one said Nebraska and Memphis are on the same scale....it happens though....even to the Nebraska's of the world.....one could even argue Tyler Gabbert was the same situation.....

He probably would be playing for us...that doesn't mean we were a placeholder. We built a relationship with him. We had ties to his coach. He legitimately liked Nebraska. It wasn't like he committed and kept looking around for the bigger better thing, taking visits and what not. There was maybe one school in the country that could have swayed him. His childhood favorite. I don't blame him at all. Not every decommit is a placeholder. Nebraska and Memphis are not on the same scale.

Last edited:

How would you describe it then? He commited to Nebraska even though he knew in his heart that if LSU offered he would change his commit.

How would you describe it then? He commited to Nebraska even though he knew in his heart that if LSU offered he would change his commit.

I would call it a decommit.

The guy was set to come here. The situation changed when LSU offered.

There are thousands of recruits out there that would change their mind if a different team offered. I like my job, I enjoy it, am content with it, but if Bo called me up and asked me to be on his staff, I'd quit in a heartbeat. I don't consider myself to be placeholding.

Just because something better comes along, doesn't mean one is placeholding in the spot they are at.

Last edited:
We were a place holder....he committed and hoped for an LSU offer which came and he left....I call that a place holder to make sure you have the best offer you can get....if the offer you really want does not come then you are set.....if it does your gone....and he did just that...and FWIW he told the coaches he was solid (in an in-home visit) the night before he flipped to LSU when they came visiting his home....call it what you want....

If he was truely committed to Nebraska then he would not have bolted....Jordan Westerkamp is a prime example of the latter...

No one said Nebraska and Memphis are on the same scale....it happens though....even to the Nebraska's of the world.....one could even argue Tyler Gabbert was the same situation.....

I don't consider that place holding.

If the guy continued to shop around during his commitment, because he wasn't happy with his commitment, that is what I'd consider place holding. I don't view him leaving for his childhood and hometown favorite as doing that.

Exactly what it is....he got the best deal he could and hoped for the LSU offer and when it came he bolted....no if's, but's or and's....

More power to him....but it is what it is...

I don't consider that place holding.

If the guy continued to shop around during his commitment, because he wasn't happy with his commitment, that is what I'd consider place holding. I don't view him leaving for his childhood and hometown favorite as doing that.

Exactly what it is....he got the best deal he could and hoped for the LSU offer and when it came he bolted....no if's, but's or and's....

More power to him....but it is what it is...

So did Bronson Marsh place hold when he committed to UNO? Chase Rome when he was committed to Oklahoma State for awhile? Braylon Heard when he was committed to West Virginina? Dan Samuelson with Pitt?

Last edited:
Your mudding the water....you know exactly what I'm saying.....you could 'what if' this to death.....and I doubr many folks will agree with you....gutterput being an example....

In the case of Bronson Marsh the answer is yes....exactly what he was doing....

Intent has to be there...and you already know that....Jones intent was to get the best spot he could get....thus place hold and hope an offer to LSU came and the same for Marsh....and both were open about it from the begining so in that sense UNL and UNO understood what they were dealing with and took a chance none-the-less....

Heard and Rome are not even in the equation...that was flipping a guy......

Placing Holding is usually pretty obvious....and this was a case of that...

Anyway I'm done with this tit for tat....its not getting us anywhere....we simply agree to disagree....

So did Bronson Marsh place hold when he committed to UNO? Chase Rome when he was committed to Oklahoma State for awhile? Braylon Heard when he was committed to West Virginina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back