• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bowl Game attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Irish fans aren't having a hard time getting to Orlando...

Chris Kenney exemplifies the kind of fan who has the tourism industry salivating. Her family of five die-hard Fighting Irish fans arrived Wednesday from Omaha, Neb., and headed straight for a downtown restaurant. They planned to stay a couple of nights at downtown's Grand Bohemian hotel, then a few more nights at a resort near the theme parks.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-year-for-bowls-1229-20111228,0,5841695.story

(I wonder if they are staying for the Nebraska game as well...)

I read recently (I think on Huskers.com) that Nebraska has about 5000 unsold tickets. I am flying in from Texas with my son and our tickets were about $375. I went through Travelocity and got our hotel and car as well. We are staying at the team hotel for two night and our whole trip was $1500 for the two of us from Sunday through Tuesday. This is our Christmas present.

Last edited:
The whole idea of forcing schools to eat all unsold tickets and the minimum stay times for the teams at the game site continue to benefit the fat cats who run the bowls. The pooling of B1G ticket losses may make it more acceptable to those who manage athletic department budgets (though the teams that don't go to bowls have to be a little bitter), but in the end, the bowls will continue on and make money for the organizers. We'll never get playoffs unlesss the bowls start taking financial baths. In a way, the bowl-bound schools and their fans are "enabelers" of the bowl administrators/addicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back