• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bowl Game attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

If flights weren't so expensive, I would be going this year. Would've been my first bowl game, but I just can't justify the inflated airfares.

Give some thought to driving? The cost of gas is about the same as one person's plane ticket. Then you split the cost of gas between however many people are in your group. It's a 24 hour drive, but after all the BS at the airports and stuff you may be looking at up to 12 hours to fly.

Give some thought to driving? The cost of gas is about the same as one person's plane ticket. Then you split the cost of gas between however many people are in your group. It's a 24 hour drive, but after all the BS at the airports and stuff you may be looking at up to 12 hours to fly.

And then you don't have to rent a car when you get there!

And then you don't have to rent a car when you get there!

Exactly!!! Driving is the best part, in my opinion. I like having my own vehicle and knowing that I am in control of where I go and when I get there.

Plus, renting and returning a car takes extra time. ...And lots of extra money.

I don't understand all the hand-wringing about flight costs. I found a flight last week from Omaha to Orlando for just $335 with all taxes and fees included. The week before I found a trip for $315 that included a direct flight from Omaha on the way there, but at that time I didn't know if I could go given my work schedule. Even at $500 round trip (the going rate) that isn't very much to travel over the holidays from a 'cold' destination to a 'warm' destination. Often it is higher to fly around the holidays...

interesting fact

The Big Ten pools all unsold bowl tickets, cost split by all 12 schools.

I don't have the time to drive. I am off on Monday and Tuesday, so I was hoping to fly down on Sunday, watch the game Monday, then fly back Tuesday. I can't make a week-long trip out of it. That's probably also why the flights were so expensive.

I don't have the time to drive. I am off on Monday and Tuesday, so I was hoping to fly down on Sunday, watch the game Monday, then fly back Tuesday. I can't make a week-long trip out of it. That's probably also why the flights were so expensive.

Yeah, they're even more expensive now. I was curiously looking at them last night. I guess I'm glad I have the ability to take that much time and drive it.

Yeah, they're even more expensive now. I was curiously looking at them last night. I guess I'm glad I have the ability to take that much time and drive it.

I'll make it to a bowl game sooner or later. Maybe when I'm retired.

I'll make it to a bowl game sooner or later. Maybe when I'm retired.

They really are "something else". I'm sure it's the "neutral" location and the "equal" ticket distribution to each school, but it's really something special to see a Bowl Game in person. I hope you do get to work it out sometime in the future.

They really are "something else". I'm sure it's the "neutral" location and the "equal" ticket distribution to each school, but it's really something special to see a Bowl Game in person. I hope you do get to work it out sometime in the future.

I agree. I've been to two bowl games (1998 Orange Bowl and 2002 Rose Bowl), and really enjoyed both (except for the outcome of the Rose Bowl). Thill, you need to make it to one some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back