• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BOOM!!! 2017 SG Thomas Allen, 6'2", 180 #, Brewster Academy IS 'N'

Huskers score huge recruiting win with commitment of Thomas Allen

A four-star recruit ranked 99th in the Rivals 150, and among the top 100 players in the nation by ESPN, Allen's recruiting exploded this spring after he asked for and was given his release from North Carolina State after coach Mark Gottfried was fired late in the season.
"The deciding factor for Thomas is an opportunity to earn playing time very early in his career. Nebraska as well as other schools that were recruiting him were recruiting him based on his elite-level shooting," Smith said. "I think it was Nebraska who definitely came into the picture for a need for perimeter shooting on their team."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_dff96440-fbe8-52ec-88cd-a4fa0f976061.html

Well all is not lost. Many said and doubted (including me) whether Timmy could get anyone to come play at Nebraska considering his contract situation along with some guys leaving, but to grab a top 100 player? Fantastic. Sure a little luck was involved, but the relationship had to be there to begin with to get consideration the second time around. Welcome to the Big Red Mr. Allen.

Everytime I think #nebrasketball has hit bottom...

357bc21b2102dc3f2980e0a9c0846489_you-go-and-do-something-like-this-and-totally-redeem-yourself-totally-redeem-yourself-meme_450-247.jpeg

... I'm going to stick with blaming the fans though.

Maybe there was too much made of things being bad in the program... maybe we just had a couple prima donnas...?

Combine that with the other pre-existing relationships he has in Lincoln - current Huskers Isaac Copeland and Anton Gill are also both from Raleigh and played for the same Garner Road AAU program - Allen said there just too much to like about Nebraska.

“That played a lot, because Coach Hunter, he’s from North Carolina,” Allen said. “I know Anton real well, and he told me how much he liked it.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/huskers-land-four-star-rivals150-guard-allen

Is it great this kid is coming aboard. Absolutely. Do I believe it will make any difference in the tangible results on the court? No.
Miles can sell. Its the entire reason he's coaching at NU in the first place.
Thomas better be able to create his own shot against BIG defenders cause Miles' playground is no place for a good spot shooter.

Huskers land four-star Rivals150 guard Allen
Allen, who ended up ranked No. 99 in the final 2017 Rivals150, chose Nebraska over hefty competition from the likes of Kansas, Georgetown, Ohio State, Texas, Xavier, Butler and Creighton.
Allen was named the NEPSAC Player of the Year and he helped Brewster go 33-0 and win the National Prep School championship. He also shot 48% from 3-point range (115-of-239) this past season.

Allen had 19 points in the title game during a 72-71 win over Gill (Mass.) Northfield Mount Hermon, and he scored a school-record 50 points on 18-of-23 shooting with 11 made 3-pointers in a win over North Bridgton (Maine) Bridgton Academy.

His scoring fills a major need in Nebraska’s backcourt, as does his ability to play point guard along with junior-to-be Glynn Watson.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/huskers-land-four-star-rivals150-guard-allen

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back