• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo Pelini's New Year's Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerMagic

Recruit
2 Year Member

One person said Bo's resolutions should be:
1) Teach Martinez to throw
2) Teach receivers to catch
3) Teach line to block
4) Find a defensive line

I agree

Sorry, the posted link takes you to the end of the article. Here is the link to the front page:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1000821-bo-pelinis-5-new-years-resolutions

Chad Robb in this article says "According to Rivals.com, Nebraska currently has the No. 38 ranked recruiting class in college football. That is not good for a school with the tradition like the Cornhuskers."

My god man. We could sign four 5 stars recruits tomorrow and Rivals is still not going to have us in the top twenty. When you have a small class like we are going to have, we just won't have the points like a school with 25 recruits to break the top twenty. Yes we are 38 in Rivals point system. But if you click on the avg stars ranking, you will find that we are 8 in the country. I go fishing near Green Bay every year. I would rather catch four 25 lb King Salmons then 25 four lb King Salmons. But that is just me.

Chad Robb in this article says "According to Rivals.com, Nebraska currently has the No. 38 ranked recruiting class in college football. That is not good for a school with the tradition like the Cornhuskers."

My god man. We could sign four 5 stars recruits tomorrow and Rivals is still not going to have us in the top twenty. When you have a small class like we are going to have, we just won't have the points like a school with 25 recruits to break the top twenty. Yes we are 38 in Rivals point system. But if you click on the avg stars ranking, you will find that we are 8 in the country. I go fishing near Green Bay every year. I would rather catch four 25 lb King Salmons then 25 four lb King Salmons. But that is just me.

You have a better chance of landing stud players when you have 25 compared to 13. Many 5 star recruits never pan out and many 3 star recruits become solid players. I would rather have 25 3-star and 4-star recruits than 2 5-star recruits and 11 3-star and 4-star recruits.

You have a better chance of landing stud players when you have 25 compared to 13. Many 5 star recruits never pan out and many 3 star recruits become solid players. I would rather have 25 3-star and 4-star recruits than 2 5-star recruits and 11 3-star and 4-star recruits.

of those 25 3 & 4 stars....how many are 4 stars?

Bo's #1 resolution...not to piss me off. He knows he'll have a good year if he can do that :Biggrin:

Well with the short number of schollies thats little hard this year...correct me if im wrong but the percentage of 4 and 5 stars that pan out is a much higher percentage than three star players. I know someone around here has the numbers..im just lazy :Biggrin:

Star #'s don't mean crapola. Look at the '91 recruting class and tell me where we ended up in '94 & '95. Just sayin'

Star #'s don't mean crapola. Look at the '91 recruting class and tell me where we ended up in '94 & '95. Just sayin'

If you gotta hella good coaching you can compensate....look at the classes after 1999 and tell me where we ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back