• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Pelini Was Right

Just to clarify -- since some have accused me of hypocrisy for taking mine down. I live in Georgia, and work in an engineering department with a bunch of Purdue grads. So I'm not about to announce "Hey look, we just lost to Purdue 2 years in a row!"

I still have plenty of other Husker stuff up at my desk.

:Huskerflag:
The nice thing about Purdue grads, especially engineering grads, is that they’re often only vaguely aware that they have a football program on campus,... so you got that goin’ for ya, which is nice.

Adrian Martinez, Mo Washington, Wandale Robinson, Luke McCaffrey, Cam Taylor-Britt, Noah Vedral, and Miles Jones
The nice thing about Purdue grads, especially engineering grads, is that they’re often only vaguely aware that they have a football program on campus,... so you got that goin’ for ya, which is nice.

Blasphemy for this civil engineer … I always claimed that it took me five years to graduate from NU just because of football! :)

Of course we'd all be happy with that here, the problem is, it isn't here and I don't see our DC being capable of reproducing the same results in the B1G. The current results speak for themselves. Like I said, just my opinion, but Chin needs to be working for another school come the start of next season.
Chin isn't going anywhere. Culture is being built and he will be a big part of it.

"Nobody on this board is asking for SF to be fired and if there is they are in the .0001% and not to be paid attention to."
"As to assistants, that is a legit discussion and should not be shut down."

If the continued employment of his assistants is a legit discussion, why isn't the continued employment of SF a legit discussion?

I'm not advocating anything for SF but who hired the assistants? Who continues to defend and support the assistants despite significant empirical data that may suggest some should be changed?

The biggest responsibility of any leader is to surround him or herself with good competent people. Continuity is extremely important ... but so is competence. SF's insistence on maintaining a staff (much like his mentor TO) can have its flaws.

I once had a collegiate assistant tell a player I know that his job is to coach him up to the best of his abilities while at the same time try and find (recruit) better players to replace him. Same should apply to coaches. And if SF refuses to improve/address weaknesses in his coaching staff, does that not bring him into play as well?
Short sighted. You thought this pathetic program could be turned around in two years?? This staff will get the job done. You must have loved Charlie McBride when his defense was costing us National Championships.

Give it up. Nobody is getting fired. Good grief
Give what up? The primary purpose of this thread was to point out the fickleness of so many "fans". Since the OP (which some people STILL don't get), we've had people calling for assistants to get fired, we've had people saying we couldn't beat Maryland, and people saying we should be a 9-win team this year (or something to that effect). Just goes to show that most of us don't know much.

Give what up? The primary purpose of this thread was to point out the fickleness of so many "fans". Since the OP (which some people STILL don't get), we've had people calling for assistants to get fired, we've had people saying we couldn't beat Maryland, and people saying we should be a 9-win team this year (or something to that effect). Just goes to show that most of us don't know much.
Hey I am with you Elwood. Just seems like too many folks are hellbent on Scott making some staff changes after this season. We need to give all these guys time to turn this mess around. And thanks for clarifying for me.

SF preaching continuity for a purpose. If he was even considering off season changes then that would contradict part of the culture he is trying to build. With anyone putting faith in off season changes, might as well deal with that reality check now. Constantly making off season changes only hurt recruiting in the long haul and SF knows it. How are you gonna sit in some kids family room and preach continuity with such an uncertain future outlook full of assistants fired and hired.

Hey I am with you Elwood. Just seems like too many folks are hellbent on Scott making some staff changes after this season. We need to give all these guys time to turn this mess around. And thanks for clarifying for me.
This is a great point. Think about the offensive line. People were pissed halfway through the season because they didn't see development. Now? They may be the most improved position group on the team. Let these coaches coach and maintain some continuity.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back