• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Blue Chips Recruiting Show : Interview With QB Zach Darlington (Audio/My Notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Very impressive young man....as I have said I think he will be the QB recruit in this class....distance is not an issue...his brother is a RS-Frosh center this year at OU....dad is a coach and a life long Husker fan....

---First started talking to the Huskers at bowl practices in Orlando this past December.....

---Realized the Huskers were very interested in him after talking to Coach Beck

---After he got the offer he had a long talk with Coach Beck....more interested in him as a person...not just about recruiting or football....really likes talking to him as he is not trying to sell him on anything....

---Spoke to Coach Beck for 30-45 minutes the day before this interview....talked about the Spring Game and the Husker offense...talked about trying to get him up to Lincoln this summer for an Un-Official Visit to see the campus, meet the coaches etc.....

---He is different than most out of state QBs the Huskers recruit as he knows about the Husker tradition through his dad....His dad told him he looked like Scott Frost when he was younger....loves the QB tradition at Nebraska and the fact they are not sit in the pocket quarterbacks...that they can make plays with their feet....being able to carry on that tradition would be a dream come true....big fan of the current offense...would be exactly the kind of offense he wants to go into....he and his dad actually watch Husker film and use it in their offense....he thinks gives him an advantage.....he does not have to learn it....

---Won a state title in FL this past season....

---Very team oriented and willing to spend the praise around to his teammates....

---Recruiting process is a dream come true for him.....

---Christian kid.....

---Who are other schools? Talks a lot to Coach Herman at Ohio State.....WVU he talks to a lot also and a few other schools....relationships are important to him.....

---His dad and his brother are helping a bit, but letting him make up his own mind....his brother always wanted to be a Sooner.....his mom was a cheerleader at OU....and lots of family their....

---Wants to weigh his options....going to OU has never been his dream....and they have not even spoken to him

---When you look at teams you don't want to go into a place where they are 4-deep at QB....which is what makes Nebraska attractive to him....as neither Armstrong or Stanton have started and he would have a fighting chance for the job....not having to compete against a 2 or 3 year starter....

---Really likes the way Tim Beck runs his offense...sign of a great coach.....really likes Beck a lot....as a person and that he cares about him as a person.....

Expect the Huskers to throw the ball more with Armstrong, Stanton and hopefully Darlington...
and run a bit less than they have with Martinez....but still remain dual-threat....

http://www.espn1480.com/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6324986

Last edited:

Been soaking up everything I can about this prospect since your first thread on him Red. I think he's a fantastic QB target for us. Very heady, has tools other HS seniors don't at this point, knows a great deal already about Becks offense. Hope we do all the right things recruiting him and get him "N"

Very bright kid.....impressive to listen to....has a good head on his shoulders....going to be a great pickup where ever he ends up and I hope its Lincoln....

Been soaking up everything I can about this prospect since your first thread on him Red. I think he's a fantastic QB target for us. Very heady, has tools other HS seniors don't at this point, knows a great deal already about Becks offense. Hope we do all the right things recruiting him and get him "N"

IMPO Brandon Harris is Nebraska's #1 QB target, but Darlington is the more likely commit and IMO their #2 guy. Darlington is no slouch. I would compare it to last recruiting cycle when Nebraska "missed" on some 4* guys they had targeted early like Aaron Bailey, Malik Zaire, Matt Alviti and Anthony Jennings. I dont think anyone thinks Nebraska "settled" for Johnny Stanton (perhaps GFOA) last year and I would make the same argument if Nebraska missed on Harris and gained Darlington. IMPO Darlington is a 4* QB.

Would be pretty interesting to have three 4* QBs on the roster from the countries hottest recruiting spots with Armstrong (Texas), Stanton (California) and Darlington (Florida). If Darlington went the Johnny Stanton route and rallied recruits to the Nebraska cause, it could be real beneficial considering Nebraska is trying to hit the south harder than ever thanks to coaches like Terry Joseph.

Darlington is a better thrower and certainly a better percentage passer....Harris a better runner...but, as we both know, Beck is pushing towards a true dual threat QB....a throw first scrambler and with Armstrong and Stanton we have that and Darlington would fit that mold...

I think both would be great 'gets'.....I like Darlington a bit better but would be just as happy if we got Harris...:)

Oh and I agree on the QB recruit helping us recruit....Stanton was HUGE in landing Newby.....

IMPO Brandon Harris is Nebraska's #1 QB target, but Darlington is the more likely commit and IMO their #2 guy. Darlington is no slouch. I would compare it to last recruiting cycle when Nebraska "missed" on some 4* guys they had targeted early like Aaron Bailey, Malik Zaire, Matt Alviti and Anthony Jennings. I dont think anyone thinks Nebraska "settled" for Johnny Stanton (perhaps GFOA) last year and I would make the same argument if Nebraska missed on Harris and gained Darlington. IMPO Darlington is a 4* QB.

Would be pretty interesting to have three 4* QBs on the roster from the countries hottest recruiting spots with Armstrong (Texas), Stanton (California) and Darlington (Florida). If Darlington went the Johnny Stanton route and rallied recruits to the Nebraska cause, it could be real beneficial considering Nebraska is trying to hit the south harder than ever thanks to coaches like Terry Joseph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back