• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BiG Expected To Reinstate Football Season Starting October 24

Before everyone gets their hopes up remember a part of the plan will likely have to be some mechanism to not play if Covid gets too bad. If there are some presidents who don't really want to play but their votes are needed they will ask for and get agreement on really tough conditions having to be met throughout the season. We could easily start only to be denied in the preseason or at any point really.

Signed,

Debbie Downer
Seriously though, it wouldn’t surprise with how they’ve handled things

Maybe the long term members of the B1G told rutgers that they're lucky to be in the conference so shut up and go along or you can go find somewhere else to play. Not sure what they really contribute but it must be something.

This and it looks like everyone is gonna play

If it's truly all or none, then I'd be a little worried. I think you have at least 2 that do not want to play, be it health or whatever the reason.

I do not believe the BIG 10 will force a school to play. The media would crucify the BIG 10 if they forced a team to play.

Let a team sit out, no problem, in fact they could spin that in their favor. But to force a team to play, they couldn't overcome that. And to me the BIG 10 always seems to be an all or none kind of conference.

2B0CFE59-E8B1-40B3-B341-846FABE2C202.jpeg

As the B10 turns....

Before everyone gets their hopes up remember a part of the plan will likely have to be some mechanism to not play if Covid gets too bad. If there are some presidents who don't really want to play but their votes are needed they will ask for and get agreement on really tough conditions having to be met throughout the season. We could easily start only to be denied in the preseason or at any point really.

Signed,

Debbie Downer
I'm hoping in that case, they will allow for individual teams (that are affected by Covid) to sit out without forfeit, and not require the whole league to shut down.

But that would require common sense.

Signed,

Debbie Downer

You are likely quite correct in being a Karen Downer.

With the late start, there's less opportunity to make up games missed due to Covid. And we've seen quite a few games in the other conferences postponed already. The Big Ten is going to be no less strict if not even more so. For that matter, I think there's three Big Ten teams currently taking a break from football activities due to Covid positive tests. Heck, the ACC now has added guidelines where if it drops below 8 ACC teams able to play, they will cancel the season.

Regardless, it's worth trying to play!

Last edited:

To me it reiterates how there are some Big 10 leaders who are Ivy League wannabes who disdain that there are coaches at their Universities that make 10x’s as much as them.

I would bet a month's pay that an uncomfortable number of B1G academicians would have preferred to have had the University of Chicago restart its football program and rejoin the B1G rather than having added Nebraska. It's not a coincidence that Johns Hopkins is associated with the B1G. I also think folks would be shocked at how many people at the highest levels of Michigan and Wisconsin actually look down their noses at the Ivies.

I believe him as much as I believe the Boat guy. I don't think anyone that actually knows anything is talking to the public/media.

It's likely that it's the opposite, and it feels and sounds as disjointed as real-time reporting from the battlefield where there is a lot of detail to describe, but there is a lack of cohesive understanding of the whole. In other words, there is a lot of motivation for lots of agents to leak info in order to steer the conversation, but there isn't a an authority to analyze what info carries the most weight. On top of that, it's evolving, fluid, so something that was a rational honest synopsis a few minutes ago gets thrown out by the time it's reported. We'll only understand the rumors and leaks in hindsight, and much of that will be re-spun.

If the expectation is that everyone is supposed to play or no one does, that really doesn’t bode well for the long run. As coronavirus is apparently here to stay in some form or fashion, there is most likely going to be one of these teams that never feels comfortable and wants to stay in their bunker. Of course then there’s this too:

It's likely that it's the opposite, and it feels and sounds as disjointed as real-time reporting from the battlefield where there is a lot of detail to describe, but there is a lack of cohesive understanding of the whole. In other words, there is a lot of motivation for lots of agents to leak info in order to steer the conversation, but there isn't a an authority to analyze what info carries the most weight. On top of that, it's evolving, fluid, so something that was a rational honest synopsis a few minutes ago gets thrown out by the time it's reported. We'll only understand the rumors and leaks in hindsight, and much of that will be re-spun.
Maybe, but I think it's more second hand info that's being leaked if anything. This is such a disaster it's unreal. I can't believe there's been so little actual info from the conference itself.

I also think folks would be shocked at how many people at the highest levels of Michigan and Wisconsin actually look down their noses at the Ivies.
Bitterness for not getting hired by the Ivies. Their students bodies are also made of large amounts of “elites” who couldn’t get in to the Ivy League. Iowa City is loaded with Chicago kids who couldn’t get into U of Chicago, Northwestern or any of the Ivy League schools.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back