• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BIG celebration in Sioux Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheesh, these coaches don't get much time off do they? Game yesterday, recruiting trip today! I'm worried they don't have enough time to read all the good advice we give them on message boards. :(

That is why I send him emails periodically. ;)

And........back on topic!

Washington’s Jack Schelhaas (12) and Matt Farniok (71) celebrate after their win over O’Gorman for the Class 11AAA Championship at the DakotaDome in Vermillion on Sat., Nov. 14, 2015.

farniok.jpg

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/schelhaas-rallies-warriors-to-titleclinching-victory-over-knights

It's amazing how some of these high school playoff seasons go. The one we're speaking of is over. My son's team in Louisiana just played their first playoff game last Friday. The final game at the Dome will be the first week of December.

It's amazing how some of these high school playoff seasons go. The one we're speaking of is over. My son's team in Louisiana just played their first playoff game last Friday. The final game at the Dome will be the first week of December.

Well basketball/wrestling always starts the Monday after Thanksgiving in South Dakota - this year the 30th, so they have to get these seasons over with and give the kids a little time off - State Wrestling is usually the end of February and State Basketball is in the middle of March... I suppose they realistically could push these seasons back a little since normally the first few weeks of track/golf get canceled due to poor weather conditions in early April. Also a lot of times there is snow on the ground by mid-October in various places in SD and those high school fields wouldn't be able to handle being played on in those conditions.

In the late 80's my school had a semi-final game that the field was cleared of snow with a sweeper. There was no grass and the ground was frozen. Makes astro turf feel like memory foam.

Well basketball/wrestling always starts the Monday after Thanksgiving in South Dakota - this year the 30th, so they have to get these seasons over with and give the kids a little time off - State Wrestling is usually the end of February and State Basketball is in the middle of March... I suppose they realistically could push these seasons back a little since normally the first few weeks of track/golf get canceled due to poor weather conditions in early April. Also a lot of times there is snow on the ground by mid-October in various places in SD and those high school fields wouldn't be able to handle being played on in those conditions.

In the late 80's my school had a semi-final game that the field was cleared of snow with a sweeper. There was no grass and the ground was frozen. Makes astro turf feel like memory foam.

And now there would be so many people in an uproar over that because of safety issues that the game wouldn't get played... not saying right or wrong, just saying times have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back