• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BIG CCG/Wisconsin O-Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisconsin has beat four not so good teams in the Big 10....Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois and Indiana....if Minnesota loses not one of these teams will have a .500 record or better....not real impressive...

I predicted we would hear all week how Wisconsin has gotten better since they played Nebraska...and yeah look at who they did it against....

Nebraska has grown leaps and bounds since that game....and a much tougher schedule....

There is no reason to be worried or afraid of Wisconsin....they have not beaten a good team this season....and have lost 4 games....and perhaps 5 if they lose today...

Playing in a dome is a huge advantage to Nebraska and the offense we run....

Huskers win this one...

No one has beat Wisconsin by more than 7 (that was in ot) all year long...could be because the way they play usually leads to close games but one has to figure the game next week will be close as well...we dont blow anyone out and they play a time consuming game that dictates lower close scores..underestimating them is a mistake, but then again thats what message boards are for people like us

IF and yes a big IF we play a clean turnover free game I think we win big....if not it will be close....

Their QB Phillips is not impressive at all when he has to make a play....if we can shutdown their ground game as we did in Lincoln we should win...

Their offense is not that hard to figure out....

Yup that is what they are for...:)

No one has beat Wisconsin by more than 7 (that was in ot) all year long...could be because the way they play usually leads to close games but one has to figure the game next week will be close as well...we dont blow anyone out and they play a time consuming game that dictates lower close scores..underestimating them is a mistake, but then again thats what message boards are for people like us

IF and yes a big IF we play a clean turnover free game I think we win big....if not it will be close....

Their QB Phillips is not impressive at all when he has to make a play....if we can shutdown their ground game as we did in Lincoln we should win...

Their offense is not that hard to figure out....

Yup that is what they are for...:)

agree if we dont turn it over (which we havent done yet this year so we are due) we will win by 10+ but we havent shown that we can play a clean game yet

Last edited:

Their OLine is tough. Our Linebackers better be ready. I think we need a big game from Rome. But with the emergence of Eric Martin lately, I hope we can break through. I dont care who they beat. Their only losses since us have been to 2 good teams in overtime. We could be sitting with 3 losses for our come from behind wins. I think the game will obviously be our defense against their offense. I think our D has stepped up a lot and we have the clear advantage on Offense. Keep a close eye on special teams too. I am more optimistic about this game than both the Texas and Oklahoma games. (previous championships...)

Last edited:
Honestly this is the worst O-line they have had in a decade and its cost them a few game this year....and their 3rd string QB does not scare anyone....

Stop them running the ball and we win...Phillips is not going to beat us with his arm....

Their OLine is tough. Our Linebackers better be ready. I think we need a big game from Rome. But with the emergence of Eric Martin lately, I hope we can break through. I dont care who they beat. Their only losses since us have been to 2 good teams in overtime. We could be sitting with 3 losses for our come from behind wins. I think the game will obviously be our defense against their offense. I think our D has stepped up a lot and we have the clear advantage on Offense. Keep a close eye on special teams too. I am more optimistic about this game than both the Texas and Oklahoma games. (previous championships...)

The fact that NU is so small up front with Stein out is going to be a challenge, especially from a depth standpoint. Wisky will pound the ball at NUs small and depleted line. Wish NU had a big body to fill up the lane. Randle, is he around and healthy?

Hopefully NU will get early and force their QB to be a thrower.

Neither team (UW or PSU) rushed the ball all that well so I think we can hold Wisky off. And Penn St ran it better that Wisky did

Wisconsin lost 5 games and is down to their 3rd strign QB....if we can't beat them then....well you get it...:Biggrin:

Neither team (UW or PSU) rushed the ball all that well so I think we can hold Wisky off. And Penn St ran it better that Wisky did

Wisconsin lost 5 games and is down to their 3rd strign QB....if we can't beat them then....well you get it...:Biggrin:

Almost didn't the last time :Biggrin:

Looks like things will play more into the team's favor next weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back