• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big 12 Near the End?

Congratulations on all that. Until they get a BIG TIME tv deal the power five teams are not joining them. Texas and Oklahoma are not jumping conferences so that they can take a 90% paycut.

TV dollars will follow the best teams in the Big 12 (and their loyal fans) wherever they go. That is not an issue. It is a given.

If Texas, OU, Okie State and Baylor went to the AAC, it would be the remaining teams in the Big 12 that would experience a pay cut, not the Big Boys.

And I am sure that the AAC would try to guarantee those 4 teams revenues that match what they have now for the 1st 5 years, even if it meant unequal/less pay for the rest of the conference. It is what Trump calls the art of the deal.

It could be that the marketing, finance, and economic experts can project/prove that a move by the B1G's best schools to the AAC is more profitable in the long run than staying in the Big 12. Given the AAC's footprint, those schools would get more national exposure than they do now.

But as I have always said, I would like to see all FBS schools fall under one commissioner, where he decides the composition of each conference with a degree of revenue sharing by all FBS teams...like the NFL. This would create more parity than we have now and eliminate the have nots to the greatest possible degree. it would be an all for one and one for all type approach.

Last edited:

Osborne tried to warn in 1993 when the Big 12 was forming, only one school listened, Kansas.
He certainly did warn the other schools but they were blinded by "dislike" for the Huskers and $$$$$ signs. Always seemed like a bad move to have 4 schools from the same state and you might as well add in The Dirt Burglars too. Many poor decisions have cost the B12 and I'm extremely happy we are out of there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back