• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big 12 Near the End?

The AAC is in the middle of a 7 year 126 million dollar tv deal that runs through 2019. That's less than 2 million per year per team.

Wow. That's staggeringly low when you look at what B1G, SEC and even Big 12 schools are making.

This isn't about Big 12 dissolving or what the ACC should do. Its about what the Big 12 is doing. They will NOT be robbed by the ACC. This is about whether Texas and OU decide to make the Big 12 work or not. There is no way those two are going to take a few others from the Big 12 and join the ACC. They would be in far worse shape. You really think Texas wants to play half their games east?

Most likely he B1G 12 will survive. Big 12 expansion is far more likely than the dissolution of the Big 12.

If the Big 12 survives, they will steal from the AAC, but the AAC will not steal from them.

But if more Big 12 teams decide to leave and the Big 12 eventually dissovles, it would open the door for the AAC. That is unlikely to happen. But didn't we hear that Texas was considering the PAC 12 at one time?

I am just glad that UNL is in the B1G.

Last edited:
I would love to see the other Big 12 schools kick out Texas and Oklahoma (make them go independent) and bring in 4 teams. The conference would probably be more stable in the long run.

I would love to see the other Big 12 schools kick out Texas and Oklahoma (make them go independent) and bring in 4 teams. The conference would probably be more stable in the long run.

That's a neat idea. Nice to see others thinking outside the box. But if that happens revenues drop significantly.

The AAC is stable right now but the Big 12 poses a threat.

This isn't about Big 12 dissolving or what the ACC should do. Its about what the Big 12 is doing. They will NOT be robbed by the ACC. This is about whether Texas and OU decide to make the Big 12 work or not. There is no way those two are going to take a few others from the Big 12 and join the ACC. They would be in far worse shape. You really think Texas wants to play half their games east?

You mistook Paramus for saying something that was remotely rational. It is unlikely, but within the realm of possibility, that the ACC could try to poach teams from the Big 12. But alas, Paramus is not talking about something that is rational or logical. Instead, he is talking about the American Athletic Conference. This conference is a collection of losers, rejects and cast-offs from real conferences. It should be called the Island of Misfit Toys Conference.

But because it is the conference for Paramus' beloved Central Florida, which hired his BFF Scott Frost as its head coach, he purports to believe that the AAC's commissioner should consider trying to get Texas and Oklahoma. Now hopefully Paramus doesn't actually believe that. Hopefully, he is just trolling for attention by saying the most absurdly ridiculous thing that he can think of.

You mistook Paramus for saying something that was remotely rational. It is unlikely, but within the realm of possibility, that the ACC could try to poach teams from the Big 12. But alas, Paramus is not talking about something that is rational or logical. Instead, he is talking about the American Athletic Conference. This conference is a collection of losers, rejects and cast-offs from real conferences. It should be called the Island of Misfit Toys Conference.

But because it is the conference for Paramus' beloved Central Florida, which hired his BFF Scott Frost as its head coach, he purports to believe that the AAC's commissioner should consider trying to get Texas and Oklahoma. Now hopefully Paramus doesn't actually believe that. Hopefully, he is just trolling for attention by saying the most absurdly ridiculous thing that he can think of.

Nice try, Chitown but your powers of reading other people's hearts and minds is weak.

I actually got my "irrational" idea from a poster on a UCF blog site.

Better luck next time.

And by the way, it obvious that you would be a horrible AAC commissioner. IMHO, your post demonstrates that you don't have nearly enough intelligence and insight for the positon.

On top of that, when it comes to the AAC, you have an attitude that is unacceptable.

Last edited:

The current round of Big 12 expansions talks are the last ditch effort to save the conference. It is too little too late. There are no institutions available that will have enough cache to save them. Once the Grant of Rights expires, Texas and OU are gone. I would be shocked if they do not already have deals in place as everyone knows that date at which they will become available. One conference in particular just negotiated a new TV rights deal that will expire the year after the Big 12 GOR. Coincidence? The universe is rarely so lazy.

R.I.P Big XII
1996-2024

But alas, Paramus is not talking about something that is rational or logical. Instead, he is talking about the American Athletic Conference. This conference is a collection of losers, rejects and cast-offs from real conferences. It should be called the Island of Misfit Toys Conference.

Chitown, is this your example of a thoughtful, intelligent and insightful comment that we should emulate? Wow

This seems more like one of those "Look at me!" type comments that annoy you so much.

If I placed your comment on a UCF blog site I doubt that anyone would find it particularly intelligent or insightful. Probably just the opposite. Your comment makes it look as though you are enraged by and unsympathetic toward those who are less fortunate...very Machiavellian.

Just sayin :Chillpill:

The UCF blogger I told you about does not share your opinion of the AAC. And I can assure he put more thought into what he is saying about the AAC than you did. You need to realize that the Misfit Toys Conference has a NC contender. As you say, CHT, one should think before they post so as to appear intelligent and insightful...or at least reasonable.

:nod:

I was astonished how NONE of the 12 football members of the AAC have losing records after most schools have finished their OOC games. These games are sole way to compare strength of conferences (although perceptions and mythology still factor in). In fact, most all AAC schools have winning home-field records (except UCF and one other)!

By comparison,
nine (9) schools in Power 5 conferences have losing records (usually 1-3) at this point, and only the SEC lacks a school with worse than 2-2. This, despite how the P-5 contains the big stadium and athletic budgets to place most OOC games with home-field advantage. They lack depth!

As a result of their amazing comebacks, Sagarin rewarded the AAC with its biggest week-to-week jump I can recall. The AAC West is now only 3 pts behind the SEC East and trails Big 10 West by only 4 pts.
It's now possible to claim our conference to be on the outskirts of parity with the P-5!

Last edited:
Congratulations on all that. Until they get a BIG TIME tv deal the power five teams are not joining them. Texas and Oklahoma are not jumping conferences so that they can take a 90% paycut.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back