• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big 12 Commish Says NU Has Not Reached Out To Conference

I'd be surprised if there weren't at least some of those backchannel conversations taking place that we always hear about after the fact. Maybe no direct conversations but I would think some feelers have been put out given Nebraska's bold stance on playing this fall.

Why would we take a huge cut in money to leave the B1G for the Big 12? That would be financial suicide

Like Mike Schaefer said on USC it would be financial suicide to leave the B1G

$20M less to go back to the Big12

Honest question do we still get the media money if we do not play? Is the big ten still going to be paying out to the teams like they usually do? I would think that it would not be there but I could be wrong.

I wouldn't call a 14 percent decline in revenues financial suicide by any stretch. How much more are we spending on recruiting and travel right now, traveling to hell and half of Georgia, to try to snatch a player out of Alabama or Florida who will stay one year and then head back? What about the donations levels from all of our Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri alums? Is that base not financially re-energized?

The Big 10 model won't work for us. Ten years in, I think that has been proven. You can't go to the talent-rich states and consistently pull top talent to play in the Rust Belt. Not now, not ever.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call a 14 percent decline in revenues financial suicide by any stretch. How much more are we spending on recruiting and travel right now, traveling to hell and half of Georgia, to try to snatch a player out of Alabama or Florida who will stay one year and then head back? What about the donations levels from all of our Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri alums? Is that base not financially re-energized?

The Big 10 model won't work for us. Ten years in, I think that has been proven. You can't go to the talent-rich states and consistently pull top talent to play in the Rust Belt. Not now, not ever.

We can agree to disagree. When all is pandemicless the B1G pays quite a bit more

It's your opinion the B1G model does not work for us. I disagree

Our recruiting under Frost has been very good too so we disagree again

We can agree to disagree. When all is pandemicless the B1G pays quite a bit more

It's your opinion the B1G model does not work for us. I disagree

Our recruiting under Frost has been very good too so we disagree again

I think we have to look at how many of these kids are actually sticking. The attrition rate of athletes that are a thousand miles from home is pretty high.

Why would we take a huge cut in money to leave the B1G for the Big 12? That would be financial suicide
That's a great question but it feels like there is a lot of smoke right now behind this one.....are the TV rights guaranteed if the conferences cancel a season like the B1G just did? Does this give the networks a way out and give them the ability to renegotiate those contracts? Does it allow Nebraska to get their media rights back if a season is canceled? IF Nebraska is looking at leaving and I'm not sure they are then I'm sure they have a lot more answers than I do. I believe the rivalries are better for the fans if they were to move and I believe our style of play is a better fit in the Big 12 as we have not been able to get a line with the size that can hold up in the B1G on either side of the ball. Smaller and quicker always worked in the Big 12.....is it worth $20 million a year....I guess we'll know soon enough.

Agreed but what do we stand to lose in total revenue if we play no games?

EDIT: Just found this, While the Big Ten goes head-to-head with the SEC as the richest conferences in an annual payout during normal times, the Huskers are also set to take up to an $80 million to $120 million haircut for not having a season, according to Frost, with up to $300 million in potential losses to the Lincoln economy.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...2_155132_NebraskaCornhuskers&utm_content=Link

Last edited:

Agreed but what do we stand to lose in total revenue if we play no games?

A lot

With that being said you can't base this on one season in one crazy year

There is no guarantee the other conference will play yet and even if they do will they finish the season?

Crazy world my friend

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back