• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bethune Cookman Practice (10/24/18)

The coach liked that the offense started strong, but also got to face some adversity. "They made a run. Cut it to six. There was no panic on the sideline. In fact, one of the recruit's dads noticed the demeanor on the sideline, and that impressed him tremendously. Even when they made that run. Because he watched the Northwestern game, when they came back. So he wanted to see how we responded as a team. And he didn't see any heads hanging low, or any negativity on the sideline. So that was a good test for us to pass."

More on blocking from Walters in 247 article above...
He was pleased with the perimeter blocking this past game. One of his proudest moments was seeing Mike Williams come down and block the safety on Devine Ozigbo's second long touchdown run. "Blocked him. Stayed on him. Proud of those guys. We're getting better. Those long runs are a result of the guys on the perimeter doing their job."

Walters reiterated that run blocking was the biggest thing holding Williams back. "And trust that he's going to make the block ... If you can't do that, it's hard for me to put you out on the field ... A lot of it's just want-to and attitude. I wasn't the biggest guy. But you've just got to have that dog mentality and go out there and make sure that the guy you're blocking doesn't make the tackle."

Walters thinks true freshman Maurice Washington is a guy who gets that well. "I think Mo understands that when he has a long run, it's probably cause a couple guys got their blocks. And now he allows someone else to make a long run by his block. As an offense, I think we're playing together. We enjoy playing with one another."

Nebraska coming in at #4 with this in the 247Sports link...
4) Nebraska Cornhuskers: The Cornhuskers notched the first win of the Scott Frost era on Saturday in Lincoln, lighting up the scoreboard in a 53-28 win over Minnesota. Nebraska racked up 659 yards of offense against the Gophers, including 383 yards on the ground and 276 yards through the air, snapping a 10-game losing streak dating back to last October. True freshman quarterback Adrian Martinez amassed 401 yards of offense and five total touchdowns in the game, while running back Devine Ozigbo rushed 152 yards and two scores on 12 carries.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back