• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Best QB We Have Seen" As Michigan Prepares For Martinez & Nebraska

UM is smart enough and fast enough that the option might backfire on us....even turn into a pick 6 type situation.

If they are spying 2AM and looking for the option I hope we hit them with something unexpected that gets them guessing and back on their heals...then the option opens up for us.

One of my all-tme favorite plays NU used to run was getting the option going with the QB headed to the perimeter . . . and then all of a sudden stepping back a few steps and uncorking a pass to a TE up the seam with the entire defense wondering what just happened.

UM has a very fast D but a bit undersized

I listened to a thing yesterday that the feeling wad we should just run downhill straight up the gut and wear them down

Throwing in something else her and there
Yep it’s athletic and undersized like Buffalo and OU’s. Question is, can UM spy Martinez to the rate of success that OU did? If so, we may struggle. But with this emergence of Yant, I think the between the tackles running could be productive. If we can get some first downs down their throat it’ll open up tons of space for some options and deep PA passes. We shall see

I hope the comments do not end up being coach speak. I hope Adrian keeps up his current level of play on a national stage and get the credit he is earning!!!

011.gif

Last edited:

Yep it’s athletic and undersized like Buffalo and OU’s. Question is, can UM spy Martinez to the rate of success that OU did? If so, we may struggle. But with this emergence of Yant, I think the between the tackles running could be productive. If we can get some first downs down their throat it’ll open up tons of space for some options and deep PA passes. We shall see

I am not sure OU had that much success against Adrian.

He was 19 for 25 for 289 yards

Yeah he only had 34. Yards rushing

If he has that kind of day throwing against UM we win

I am not sure OU had that much success against Adrian.

He was 19 for 25 for 289 yards

Yeah he only had 34. Yards rushing

If he has that kind of day throwing against UM we win
It was the contain on the ground that I meant, OU did a good job for sure not letting him grab 20+ yards. It’ll take at least one out of coverage for them so the air should be better. They struggled mightely with Vedral

I'd expect MU to use the same strategy as MSU by using a spy against Martinez. This limits the likelihood of big scrambles. Against MSU, AM faced quick pressure from the front four. AM often made the first guy miss, but the spy guy was able to engage and either bring AM down or push him back into other defenders. That said, AM is special enough he was still able to make the spy guy miss on his 45 yard scramble.

The drawback of spying is it limits coverage. The spy is essentially removed from the coverage package; he hangs close to the line and his eyes are on the QB, not route runners. If the line is able to build off last week and give AM time we should be able to get guys open down field. If the line gets blown up, causing AM to get tunnel vision due to the stress (like he did against MSU) our offense could be stuck in the mud.
6 catches between out 2 TEs, with Vokolek coming off injury.
If they spy, look for more

I hope that last week was a turn the corner game and this week is leaving the game with a swagger game.
Agree. I'd add that at this point NU is getting the max measure of credit for moral victories, which is fine. But from here on out increases in swagger only come from winning.

It would be sweet.

Last edited:
Johnson is the starter butt they will rotate as needed

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a “starter butt” rotated as needed… and I work in healthcare! ;)

Kidding aside, when/if he gets a chance I’m looking forward to seeing what Yant will be able to do tonight against a much more competitive D.

GBR!!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back