• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Best QB We Have Seen" As Michigan Prepares For Martinez & Nebraska

from the link...

In other words, Harbaugh is preparing for a much more difficult challenge from Martinez and the well-oiled Nebraska offense.

lol, far from it, but hopefully saturday they are.

This has to be a nightmare for any of our opponents. However most have been fairly successful due to our lack of running game penalties, and line protection. We have seen glimps in every game and finally got a complete game at Northwestern. I don’t expect our line to be as successful Saturday but hoping overall we can outplay them just enough.

I'd expect MU to use the same strategy as MSU by using a spy against Martinez. This limits the likelihood of big scrambles. Against MSU, AM faced quick pressure from the front four. AM often made the first guy miss, but the spy guy was able to engage and either bring AM down or push him back into other defenders. That said, AM is special enough he was still able to make the spy guy miss on his 45 yard scramble.

The drawback of spying is it limits coverage. The spy is essentially removed from the coverage package; he hangs close to the line and his eyes are on the QB, not route runners. If the line is able to build off last week and give AM time we should be able to get guys open down field. If the line gets blown up, causing AM to get tunnel vision due to the stress (like he did against MSU) our offense could be stuck in the mud.

Seems like Michigan is over-preparing for the option. I hope Frost comes out with some funky motions that get Michigan’s guys wondering what in the world is going on and run power between the tackles. Then when they seem to be stuffing the box, get things to the perimeter

Seems like Michigan is over-preparing for the option. I hope Frost comes out with some funky motions that get Michigan’s guys wondering what in the world is going on and run power between the tackles. Then when they seem to be stuffing the box, get things to the perimeter

UM has a very fast D but a bit undersized

I listened to a thing yesterday that the feeling wad we should just run downhill straight up the gut and wear them down

Throwing in something else her and there

Last edited:

UM has a very gas D but a bit undersized

I listened to a thing yesterday that the feeling wad we should just run downhill straight up the gut and wear them down

Throwing in something else her and there
This looks like I typed it on my phone. It will be interesting to see if the offensive line and running backs can execute that game plan. I have no idea who are starting running back will be.

This looks like I typed it on my phone. It will be interesting to see if the offensive line and running backs can execute that game plan. I have no idea who are starting running back will be.

Johnson is the starter butt they will rotate as needed

If they spy Martinez (and I think they will) here's hoping he's clean on the pitches. That leaves a soft spot between the zones for the TE to exploit and get behind their LB.

I also concur if we limit turnovers and let the crowd juice our defense good things will happen. Make them play the long field.

UM is smart enough and fast enough that the option might backfire on us....even turn into a pick 6 type situation.

If they are spying 2AM and looking for the option I hope we hit them with something unexpected that gets them guessing and back on their heals...then the option opens up for us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back