• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best Huskers of all time: #50 - #1

KLIN

Tommy Rezac
Hey all!

This week on KLIN, we're starting our annual "50-in-50" countdown. Husker Football is only 50 days out from July 13! On each day of the countdown, we mark that day with a great Husker player or moment. For example:

50 days - #50 Dave Rimington

49 days - 49-yard Hail Mary vs. Northwestern

48 days - #48 Tyler Legate

And so on...

We do a 60-second tribute each day to that player or moment. I'm reaching out to you for suggestions on great players/moments corresponding with any number between 1-50. For example, I need a great player who wore #47 and #46. Dave Feit used to have a website dedicated to this exact thing, but it seems that link has been taken down. I appreciate your help!

- Tommy

14 should be the 14 yard run by Cory Schlesinger in the 4th qtr against UM. As that cemented TOs first NC. Too bad either by his number or yardage there is no way to sneak in Dwayne harris Safety.

29....points the Huskers scored in the 2nd quarter of the 96 Fiesta Bowl
42....yards in Michael Booker's pick 6 in the same game that was the nail Florida's coffin

Last edited:
29....points the Huskers scored in the 2nd quarter of the 96 Fiesta Bowl
42....yards in Michael Booker's pick 6 in the same game that was the nail Florida's coffin
Besides meeting Michael and his family. The thing I love about this one is that prior to the game. Spurrier told the press that Booker could not cover his WR. He ended up getting the defensive POG. Got to hold the trophy the next day at his house in Oceanside. He handed it to me and said something like. "Did you see my Mom's new decoration?" :thumbsup: After Michael, Dion and I talked. They went out and played catch with my 8 year old son. Awesome day.

Besides meeting Michael and his family. The thing I love about this one is that prior to the game. Spurrier told the press that Booker could not cover his WR. He ended up getting the defensive POG. Got to hold the trophy the next day at his house in Oceanside. He handed it to me and said something like. "Did you see my Mom's new decoration?" :thumbsup: After Michael, Dion and I talked. They went out and played catch with my 8 year old son. Awesome day.

I sat next to Dion in Spanish class one semester. He asked me for some help at times because I had taken a year in college already and a few years in HS. Dion was a super nice guy, quiet and modest with a good sense of humor. Our instructor was an adjunct (as many foreign language teachers are). Students could only miss 1 class a semester and he tried to explain how his traveling schedule for away games would conflict during our first class. She would have nothing of it but he was respectful the entire time. I have a feeling Solich's staff and possibly the AD set her straight on the policy :) Only knew him from that one class but he came across as a very kind and respectful young man.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back