• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Best coaching job this season by everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akweasel

Awesomeness In Every Post
20 Year Member
FINALLY..........we did exactly what I hoped we would do and posted yesterday (on defense and offense). Ball control, lean heavily on Ameer, call plays that keep our guys in win win situations and within themselves. Yet take some shots down field to keep them honest. I would've liked a screen in the flats or some bubble screens to Ameer...but overall, well done. Oh, and we played like we understood CLOCK CONTROL (don't discount how HUGE it was this game).

Also the O-line did a stand up job for being as banged up as they are...kudos.

Defense.....HOLY COW, we learned how to blitz. Basically got rid of the read and react crap for 99% of the game and THAT IS HOW WE SHOULD'VE BEEN PLAYING ALL YEAR ON D!

DLine, LB's, CB's....etc....not a kid that didn't play within the system and played disciplined. Job well done and Coach P....called imo his best game ever. Maybe he is getting it together and the kids are grasping it.

Special teams........err, that will get fixed and for another day.

Nice win for Coach Bo and company and even if we had lost, this was a battle and well coached game. We should see this no matter WHO we are playing and be in the game to at least have a chance to win. It was Michigan and yes they are down, but we are the first one to beat them in the Big House in some time, we will take it!

Last edited:

FINALLY..........we did exactly what I hoped we would do and posted yesterday (on defense and offense). Ball control, lean heavily on Ameer, call plays that keep our guys in win win situations and within themselves. Yet take some shots down field to keep them honest. I would've liked a screen in the flats or some bubble screens to Ameer...but overall, well done. Oh, and we played like we understood CLOCK CONTROL (don't discount how HUGE it was this game).

Defense.....HOLY COW, we learned how to blitz. Basically got rid of the read and react crap for 99% of the game and THAT IS HOW WE SHOULD'VE BEEN PLAYING ALL YEAR ON D!

DLine, LB's, CB's....etc....not a kid that didn't play within the system and played disciplined. Job well done and Coach P....called imo his best game ever. Maybe he is getting it together and the kids are grasping it.

Nice win for Coach Bo and company and even if we had lost, this was a battle and well coached game. We should see this no matter WHO we are playing and be in the game to at least have a chance to win. It was Michigan and yes they are down, but we are the first one to beat them in the Big House in some time, we will take it!

Yes, congrats to the team and the coaching staff. Glad I was wrong on the outcome I predicted. Crow pie is pretty good right now. Hope there is great effort next week. Memorial stadium will be working rocking next Saturday. GO BIG RED!!!!

Loved the heat that the D brought all day. Gregory is starting to look like mini-Suh.

I have been a critic of Bo but that was the best performance from the coaching staff in a looong time.

Yes, congrats to the team and the coaching staff. Glad I was wrong on the outcome I predicted. Crow pie is pretty good right now. Hope there is great effort next week. Memorial stadium will be working rocking next Saturday. GO BIG RED!!!!

I'll be doing my part... GBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back