• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bench Benhart and Austin

juju

The future starts now.
5 Year Member
He does not have enough lateral movement to play tackle. He has cost us way too many times.

He has not progressed despite plenty of starts. He doesn't have lateral ability for his height.

Fire Austin now! Look how damn tiny the pocket is for 2AM. We are lucky to have 2AM back there because other QBs would be getting drilled.

Rep someone else at Kicker also.

I am so fed up with fixable errors.

GBR

He does not have enough lateral movement to play tackle. He has cost us way too many times.

He has not progressed despite plenty of starts. He doesn't have lateral ability for his height.

Fire Austin now! Look how damn tiny the pocket is for 2AM. We are lucky to have 2AM back there because other QBs would be getting drilled.

GBR
And frost

GBR
While I don’t think Martinez was under pressure that much today I do agree with you. I’m fine with firing everyone but for sure Austin and Verduzco.

You should hold your:
-Strength and Conditioning Coach
-O-line coach
-Offensive Coordinator
-Head Coach

responsible for placing to very young and inexperienced lineman in poor positions to be successful.
Remember in the salad days of DONU, lineman did not play until they were red shirt juniors and had the system down cold so that they knew the footwork, line calls and defenses to make the offense work.

Today you saw that these young guys are:
-Inflexible: perhaps wrong routines from S&C make them less mobile and overly "strong" than they should be.
-Schemes and systems that preference putting everyone into the patterns rather than keeping:
<RB to block
<TE to block
<TE to chip block and release
All techniques to control pass rush and aide young o-line. Rather than "max protection", our system prefers "max scheme in the pattern" and relies on th QB making a quick read and early release. AM does not do that well and our coaching staff fails miserably in recognizing that, blaming AM's problem on the 0-line just like many fans do and should not.

Good coaches scheme for what they HAVE, not for what they will have in two years......

GBR

The blocking scheme is wrong on this offense lineman are getting too many penalties which is from a lack of personal discipline.

After the IL game I stated Austin should be fired on Sunday. I will say it again. Especially with this being a bye week.

You should hold your:
-Strength and Conditioning Coach
-O-line coach
-Offensive Coordinator
-Head Coach

responsible for placing to very young and inexperienced lineman in poor positions to be successful.
Remember in the salad days of DONU, lineman did not play until they were red shirt juniors and had the system down cold so that they knew the footwork, line calls and defenses to make the offense work.

Today you saw that these young guys are:
-Inflexible: perhaps wrong routines from S&C make them less mobile and overly "strong" than they should be.
-Schemes and systems that preference putting everyone into the patterns rather than keeping:
<RB to block
<TE to block
<TE to chip block and release
All techniques to control pass rush and aide young o-line. Rather than "max protection", our system prefers "max scheme in the pattern" and relies on th QB making a quick read and early release. AM does not do that well and our coaching staff fails miserably in recognizing that, blaming AM's problem on the 0-line just like many fans do and should not.

Good coaches scheme for what they HAVE, not for what they will have in two years......

GBR
As bad as the OL played and knuckle head coaching decisions, we would have won this game with a decent quarterback. AM was disaster yet again. Anyone who thinks otherwise only remembers the few times he makes a good run and forgets the open receivers he missed, tentative decision to run, low football IQ plays, etc

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back