• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BASEBALL THREAD - HUSKERS vs WILDCATS - @ Manhattan - 3-26-14

Ty Kildow is our last hope

292 2 rbi

strike called

0-1

hit up middle

Ty has a hit!!!

McGill scores!!
12-4!!!

Last edited:

1-2 count

hit over mound

Fisher behind 2nd
out at 1st!!

game is over

12-6, and we can finally put this fiasco to rest.

Our pitching, once again, plus 4 errors!!!!! got
us killed!

:wave: Bye, all :)

I will comment on this game once I've got my senses again.......obviously I stepped out to a "beverage establishment" for this one with my satellite gone.....I don't how many on here got a chance to see the game but I thought we would get it handed to us tonight. We just are not deep enough on the mound to play two legit teams in the midweek. We had great win last night against Wichita St.....jumped about 11 spots in the pseudo rpi's to 51 I think? But I did see something I liked tonight and I will share my thoughts when I have had a chance to gather my thoughts and myself. In brief Burkamper NEEDS MORE INNINGS! And I will tell you why tomorrow!

This was an ugly game but I'm still glad I found a tv to watch it on. We really had no chance with K-States sticks and nothing but a bunch of young guys and newbies in the bullpen. That said, I really like what I saw from Burkamper, I know it was only one inning late in the game, but he actually appeared to be "pitching" instead of just throwing. His accuracy was a little off but you could tell he was really trying to pound the lower portion of the strike zone. I would really like to see this kid get more live repetition. I may be over selling a bit, but I think he could go from not having thrown much this year to major contributor pretty quick.

This was an ugly game but I'm still glad I found a tv to watch it on. We really had no chance with K-States sticks and nothing but a bunch of young guys and newbies in the bullpen. That said, I really like what I saw from Burkamper, I know it was only one inning late in the game, but he actually appeared to be "pitching" instead of just throwing. His accuracy was a little off but you could tell he was really trying to pound the lower portion of the strike zone. I would really like to see this kid get more live repetition. I may be over selling a bit, but I think he could go from not having thrown much this year to major contributor pretty quick.

Any attempt to improve our pitching staff ain't a bad thing. :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back