• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BASEBALL THREAD - HUSKERS vs REBELS @ HOME * GAME #1 of 3 - 4-28-14 - 6:35 PM

Placzek is our last hope

inside, 1-0

called strike, 1-1

called strike, 1-2

down to their final strike

called strike 3

NU loses 5-2. I will see everybody tomorrow.

Went to that game tonight. Cold, with occasional sleet/ice pellets. Nasty. UNLV looked very good. We played OK but didn't look confident at the plate. UNLV starter mixed speeds well and kept us off-guard all night. We'll have our hands full the next 2 games.

Went to that game tonight. Cold, with occasional sleet/ice pellets. Nasty. UNLV looked very good. We played OK but didn't look confident at the plate. UNLV starter mixed speeds well and kept us off-guard all night. We'll have our hands full the next 2 games.

Pretty depressing when a team from Vegas can play in those weather conditions and win.

You're a real trooper, Sandhills! :Biggrin:

Last edited:
UNLV's starting pitcher is considered one of the best in the country. He confused our batters most of the night. I knew we were in trouble when we had bases loaded and no outs in the 5th, and were only able to score 1 run.

Pretty depressing when a team from Vegas can play in those weather conditions and win.

You're a real trooper, Sandhills! :Biggrin:

Like that cheesy line in the song about sticking together in all sorts of weather. :)

Despite that weather, Lincoln is paradise to me. Bringing Haymarket Park, PBA and The Railyard on line has made this city so much fun, and if you're a hardcore Husker fan it's particularly special. Today I'll be juggling the baseball game and the NCAA women's regionals. Not a shortage of things to do if you're a sports fan. :)

Well, looks like good pitching will be very tough for us, so far this season! Let's hope that we can garner some offense today. See you on the new thread. :wave:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back