• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Barfy: Winning, and No Excuses, In Evanston

You lose SO much credibility when you can't acknowledge that you were wrong -- or at least give props to the team/coach for outperforming your assessment of their abilities.

...it is almost like some people around here WANT the team to do poorly. :wow:

In fairness, if the wheels fell off the rest of the season, Cheese would have some validity to his comments. Personally, I think Miles is the guy, but I still have doubts about the roster at this point. They need some help, they need some consistency. I like some of the new guys and some of the recruits they are looking at, so continuing to play well is enormously important for them to attract some of that much needed talent.

In fairness, if the wheels fell off the rest of the season, Cheese would have some validity to his comments. Personally, I think Miles is the guy, but I still have doubts about the roster at this point. They need some help, they need some consistency. I like some of the new guys and some of the recruits they are looking at, so continuing to play well is enormously important for them to attract some of that much needed talent.

Actually, his whole Northwestern example has been thoroughly crushed. They lost to Nebraska and are looking up at the Huskers in the standings. Sure, it could change but its really not likely to. Hmmmm, maybe its not so easy to just "win now" like he stated. If it was easy, why wouldn't every team be doing it?

Actually, his whole Northwestern example has been thoroughly crushed. They lost to Nebraska and are looking up at the Huskers in the standings. Sure, it could change but its really not likely to. Hmmmm, maybe its not so easy to just "win now" like he stated. If it was easy, why wouldn't every team be doing it?

Agreed, the NW story was tossed out with a 50/50 chance to make Barfy look like a genius. Instead he looked foolish and no one was really paying attention to him anyway. And you are correct, the 'win now' mentality is a very rare real life occurrence for most teams. He was putting all his eggs in that basket because of a couple of road wins for NW. I pointed out that they failed to hold the home court, and by substantial margins in most games.

Miles looks to have a good thing going, but I'm not expecting miracles. We can still lose games some think we should win because we're pretty thin in the talent category. That can change quite a bit with some decent success over the next couple of years. I saw one of the national guys making a comment about Miles being an 'up and comer, destined for bigger and better things', which sadly could be the case. I only hope that we are constantly looking at the talent in the coaching ranks as well as that needed for the court, as I have a feeling his success could take him elsewhere sooner rather than later....but I'll enjoy the heck out of him while he's bringing us back to respectability.

Last edited:

Miles 2, Collins 0

Nebraska in 4th Place
Northwestern in 12th Place

Tumbleweed.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back