• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Banderas Recaps Junior Day: 'NU is my clear cut favorite right now' (Worth A Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Josh talks about his Jr day experience etc.....as I said in the other thread he wants to experience the recruiting experience as a whole...

He will be 'N' when its all said and done....hope he enjoys the process and its all he hoped it would be....seems like a real class young man....:)

“I have been there (Nebraska) a couple times before on unofficial visits,” Banderas said.” The things they have at Nebraska are just unparalleled to any other program. They graduate more scholarship athletes then anyone else. The weight room is amazing.”

I want to take advantage of this situation, and take all my visits and stuff, because I will never get an opportunity like this again. Nebraska is my clear cut favorite right now though.”

“I am not sure which camps I am going to but, Nebraska’s camp for sure,” Banderas said. “Maybe an Ohio State camp. I am going to go see Iowa State and Kansas, because I told them I would, and I am going to honor that commitment

Banderas said his next trip to Lincoln will be during spring practice, and he will for sure be attending the annual Red and White Spring Game.

Read the whole long article here:

http://huskercorner.com/2012/02/20/banderas-recaps-junior-day-and-is-highly-considering-nebraska/

Last edited:

I see him as a cornerstone we build this class around...a Nebraska kid who gets what playing for Nebraska is all about....

good stuff. Never going to fault a kid for exploring all his options (and seeing some games at great venues along the way), especially since he's being honest up front about it and not trying to string anyone along. Looking forward to him being N when all is said and done.

Agree totally....

Diggs who we were after last year did much the same and ended up where it look like he would all along at his dad's alma-mater South Carolina...

good stuff. Never going to fault a kid for exploring all his options (and seeing some games at great venues along the way), especially since he's being honest up front about it and not trying to string anyone along. Looking forward to him being N when all is said and done.

Last edited:

Interesting too that he has only three offers for a Rivals 250 guy.....Nebraska, Tulsa, and Southeast Missouri....

I had heard yesterday that some of the concerns he had have been addressed, so this doesn't surprise me.

I had heard yesterday that some of the concerns he had have been addressed, so this doesn't surprise me.

But you said in the other thread that the coaching staff had things they needed to prove, it was proved in 2 days? Sounds to me like they were non-issues, if there were issues at all.

Interesting too that he has only three offers for a Rivals 250 guy.....Nebraska, Tulsa, and Southeast Missouri....

Oh just wait. You know how it goes....NU does the homework and identifies the kid then other swoop in at the end to try and steal him away.

Not going to happen.....he just wants to experience the whole recruiting experience as my source said from the begining....and Josh confirmed in this interview....

No homework really on this one....Nebraska kid....lives in Lincoln and his dad is an ex-player from the mid-80's....

He will be 'N' once its all said and done....

Oh just wait. You know how it goes....NU does the homework and identifies the kid then other swoop in at the end to try and steal him away.

How has Ohio not thrown a token offer yet? Frank Solich usually targets a few Nebraska kids...we both know he would never go to Ohio though. And I must say again that I agree Banderas ends up a Husker, I think its 90%. Then again I always thought Andrus Peat was 80%.

I think Ohio State will be more tempting than you do though. Besides how much Ohio State as a University has to offer, Urban Meyer is one of the top 3 or so recruiting head coaches in the country. Luke Fickell, who is their Defensive Coordinator and Linebackers coach, is one of the top 5-10 recruiting position coaches in the country. The same can be said with their RB coach Stan Drayton (who recruits multiple positions). You know as well as I that recruiting is about building relationships. These three are among the best in the country at doing that. Ohio State has a punchers chance, but I still say Nebraska. Just throwing some stuff out there to worry some people. :p

No clue and he even says in the article he might visit Ohio State for a camp this summer....but he is not sure...which leads me to believe they are not as prominent as the chatter in some places have claimed...I think him being an in-state Nebrasaka kid unless he reaches out they are not going to waste a ton of time....kids the Huskers want rarely leave the state...and they know that....

I don't see Ohio State as a player...you know how I feel about Urban Meyer....;):eek::lol:

On the other-hand Bo Pelini built his reputation as a LB coach....but you know that already....

You won't need to throw stuff out there....the Chicken Little crowd, or as my good friend HIO calls them 'trolls', will do that on their own....:) :)

Punchers chance....yeah they get knocked out with the first punch of the fight....:eek::lol:

How has Ohio not thrown a token offer yet? Frank Solich usually targets a few Nebraska kids...we both know he would never go to Ohio though. And I must say again that I agree Banderas ends up a Husker, I think its 90%. Then again I always thought Andrus Peat was 80%.

I think Ohio State will be more tempting than you do though. Besides how much Ohio State as a University has to offer, Urban Meyer is one of the top 3 or so recruiting head coaches in the country. Luke Fickell, who is their Defensive Coordinator and Linebackers coach, is one of the top 5-10 recruiting position coaches in the country. The same can be said with their RB coach Stan Drayton (who recruits multiple positions). You know as well as I that recruiting is about building relationships. These three are among the best in the country at doing that. Ohio State has a punchers chance, but I still say Nebraska. Just throwing some stuff out there to worry some people. :p

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back