• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Badgers football: Inconsistency has been only constant on offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Some things to ponder.....and 56 yards rushing against Nebraska....

The running game churned out a school-record 564 yards against Indiana and 467 yards against Purdue. But it managed only 19 yards against Michigan State and 35 against Oregon State.

In Big Ten Conference play, the Badgers averaged 42.3 points in their four wins and 18.5 points in their four losses.

Starting three quarterbacks and the turmoil in the offensive line — there were several injuries and a switch in coaches after two games — have been factors in UW's inconsistency.

Even Phillips, who has started the past three games, has fallen victim to the highs and lows. He has been dynamic in 2-minute situations late in the past two games but mostly ineffective as a passer the rest of the time.

UW's issues on offense can be traced to three areas: Mostly subpar play from its quarterbacks, other than a stretch when redshirt freshman Joel Stave began to emerge before breaking his collarbone against Michigan State on Oct. 27; the lack of a consistent threat at receiver behind Jared Abbrederis; and the erratic play of the offensive line.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/coll...8e4-11e2-8531-001a4bcf887a.html#ixzz2DXNAaert

Last edited:

Also is Abbrederis healthy or not? I'm no sure he is despite how Bielma is spinning it and they do not have another WR worth a hoot...

Last edited:

I remember Ball had 90-something yards rushing tho. Stave had -20-something along with a few more negative rushers put them at 56 total. Make no mistake, they can ground n pound. If we can keep em around the 150 total rushing mark, there's no reason this can't be a two-touchdown victory. (barring turnovers, mind you)

32 carries for 90 yards....a tad less than 3 yards a pop....not that impressive....

They lost 35 yards on sacks and 49 yards on TFL....which speaks pretty highly about how we stuffed them.....

I remember Ball had 90-something yards rushing tho. Stave had -20-something along with a few more negative rushers put them at 56 total. Make no mistake, they can ground n pound. If we can keep em around the 150 total rushing mark, there's no reason this can't be a two-touchdown victory. (barring turnovers, mind you)

Last edited:
That would make allot of sense...we have a full season of film and what Penn State did will be disected I'm sure....there is not allot of mystery as to what Wisconsin sodes running the football....north-south, down hill and in-between the tackles....stop that and force Phillips to beat you with his arm....against our #1 in the country pass D....I like those odds...:)

i half expect us to show some 50-front this weekend with randle, rome, ankrah, meredith and Martin...plus Joe Carter in the rotation.

Oh and Joe Carter, if folks have not noticed, has very quietly had a very good second half of the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back