• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Back in Black!

What do you guys think of the BT2 Taylor?

Looking at adding a good (easy to travel) guitar.

I don't have any experience with the BT2. If you're looking for a dedicated, space-saving travel guitar, I'd look at one of the electric options. IME, electrics handle traveling better because they're more durable, less susceptible to reacting to changes in condition, and generally have a smaller footprint. If you're just looking for a small body acoustic, try out the Taylor and a few others. Small bodied 12 fretters are my favorite acoustics. I have a Collings 01 with an engleman top. It's an absolute joy to play.

What do you guys think of the BT2 Taylor?

Looking at adding a good (easy to travel) guitar.
Like strummer said, I have no experience with the BT2, but I do have some with the Taylor Mini. A friend bought one a few years back and after hearing it and playing it, I had to get one of my own, and this thing plays like a dream and has a surprisingly(or not) full rich sound. Try to play on one of these guitars and you may just simply say, Yes. From Taylor....
Taylor-GS-Mini-Koa-ESB-fr-2017.png

Very similar to the one I bought, the one in the photo has a built in tuner, but I didn't buy that particular model.

Last edited:
Like strummer said, I have no experience with the BT2, but I do have some with the Taylor Mini. A friend bought one a few years back and after hearing it and playing it, I had to get one of my own, and this thing plays like a dream and has a surprisingly(or not) full rich sound. Try to play on one of these guitars and you may just simply say, Yes. From Taylor....
Taylor-GS-Mini-Koa-ESB-fr-2017.png

Very similar to the one I bought, the one in the photo has a built in tuner, but I didn't buy that particular model.
That is a nice looking guitar and reasonably priced. Several years ago I bought a Walden G3000 at about the same price point. For my needs and ability it has been a great guitar. It spends most of the time in a bag in my basement. On the rare occasion that I pull it out it is always in tune. I have read good things about the baby Taylor but didn't know there was a Taylor mini. After a couple year absence you guys have given me a reason to wander back into a guitar shop.

Saw AC/DC a hundred years ago when they were the opening act for Cheap Trick.... They were incredible through the thick haze of the Omaha Civic Auditorium.
saw that same concert. was trying to tell someone the other day about them being the opening act. and they wouldnt believe me. had me second guessing myself, as it was a bit hazy in there as well as me beng a bit hazy too.I i remember for cheap tricks encore they went back off stage and came back out with acdc members on their shoulders singing a beatles song. still one of my fvorite concerts along with rolling stones (miss you) album concert in boulder. zz top in lincoln after ncaa bball regionals, etc.

edit: do you remember what year that was.

Last edited:
That is a nice looking guitar and reasonably priced. Several years ago I bought a Walden G3000 at about the same price point. For my needs and ability it has been a great guitar. It spends most of the time in a bag in my basement. On the rare occasion that I pull it out it is always in tune. I have read good things about the baby Taylor but didn't know there was a Taylor mini. After a couple year absence you guys have given me a reason to wander back into a guitar shop.
Go to Lawrence and hit up Mass Street Music. It’s a fantastic shop.

saw that same concert. was trying to tell someone the other day about them being the opening act. and they wouldnt believe me. had me second guessing myself, as it was a bit hazy in there as well as me beng a bit hazy too.I i remember for cheap tricks encore they went back off stage and came back out with acdc members on their shoulders singing a beatles song. still one of my fvorite concerts along with rolling stones (miss you) album concert in boulder. zz top in lincoln after ncaa bball regionals, etc.

edit: do you remember what year that was.

It was 78 or 79. Man, I don’t remember that encore you described, but that was the end of the show.... I was surely bit wonked by then.

I think I am going to pull the trigger on the BT2..........very rich sound with the mahogany.

Have read really nothing except how much people enjoy it long term. My only concern is I don't have real small hands...lol.

Maybe you guys would have more insight into that than I do?

Any problem with the smaller fret boards?

I think I am going to pull the trigger on the BT2..........very rich sound with the mahogany.

Have read really nothing except how much people enjoy it long term. My only concern is I don't have real small hands...lol.

The nut still has a standard 11/16 or 3/4 width, right? Assuming that's the case, I don't think you'll notice much difference with a shorter fretboard at all unless you typically cover a lot of fretboard real estate or like to use a capo way up the neck. If you're generally below the 5th fret when you play acoustic, it'll probably be more comfortable.

Cool. Joestrummer and HHS provide far better advice then I ever could but here is a quick link to a video of what looks to be an above average sized dude who seems to be playing the guitar effortlessly. The link is to Sweetwater, which I have no connection to nor do I fully appreciate their purpose, but the video seemed like it may be helpful to some of your questions. Good luck CO4NU.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BabyMhgy--taylor-bt2-mahogany-top

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back