• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G Schedule Released for 2024-2028

Many on the board have targeted 2025 (Year 3) as a likely make or break year for Rhule, but that schedule is not friendly. Home against Michigan and USC and trips to Penn State and UCLA. Not sure if an 8-4 regular season is going to quiet the criticisms.

Interesting that Iowa has 3 protected conference games, and 1 protected non-con with ISU. 4 protected games a year? Luckily for them only Wisconsin is consistently formidable.

2 loss B1G teams have a great shot at playoffs in most years...because of these schedules.

That is good news for Nebraska if they ever get things moving in the right direction!

I would have liked to see Northwestern as a protected rival for Nebraska. There have been some close and interesting games between those two teams since Nebraska joined the Big Ten. Plus, it's fun to travel to Chicago for games.

Another option for a protected rival for Nebraska would have been Penn State, since there's great history between the two teams and Penn State doesn't otherwise have a protected rival. On the other hand, Penn State is contending for Big Ten titles and we are contending to beat MAC and Conference USA teams. So maybe we don't want them as a protected rival, at least until we get back to being Nebraska (assuming that ever happens).

Last edited:
I would have liked to see Northwestern as a protected rival for Nebraska. There have been some close and interesting games between those two teams since Nebraska joined the Big Ten. Plus, it's fun to travel to Chicago for games.

and don't forget they are the only two teams in the league with N's on their helmets. This alone should have cemented the rivalry status, IMHO.

and don't forget they are the only two teams in the league with N's on their helmets. This alone should have cemented the rivalry status, IMHO.

I have a connection to both schools, so if I'm honest, that's part of it for me as well. I will miss the annual NU vs. NU game.

Many on the board have targeted 2025 (Year 3) as a likely make or break year for Rhule, but that schedule is not friendly. Home against Michigan and USC and trips to Penn State and UCLA. Not sure if an 8-4 regular season is going to quiet the criticisms.
We will learn that 8-4 is the new 11-1.

2 loss B1G teams have a great shot at playoffs in most years...because of these schedules.

That is good news for Nebraska if they ever get things moving in the right direction!
Possibly 3 losses, depending on how tough someones schedule. With these tougher schedules for almost everyone, 3 losses might still be a top 10 season most years.

When are we bringing in an Australian and European University to the fold? NEED MORE TV MONEY!!!$$$$

My Duck friends are already freaking out about UO's schedule for 2027.

The Ducks travel to Michigan, Nebraska, Washington, and UCLA, and then they have to host Ohio State and Penn State. That's gonna be like a 7-5 season for them, LOL.
welcome to the b1g, were not the new kids anymore...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back